the spoiled one's secret

Layla was walking around in the kitchen waiting for her girlfriend to come back home. She had gone out late that night and still had yet to return. She started to get worried, not that she was hurt, but that she had gotten drunk. Cora had in the past been suspected of cheating. Layla didn't want to admit it but it was getting harder and harder to deny it. She took a deep breath as she heard the lock twist open. The door opened up a few seconds later and Layla ran over to the door.

Cora was standing at the door drunk with a man holding her up right.

"Are you Layla?" the man asked. Layla slowly nodded her head. "Your girlfriend here got herself a bit drunk. She needed a ride home so I gave her one" he said as Cora smiled.

"He's sooooo nice Layla!" she said hugging him. Layla frowned.

"Uh, yah. He seems nice" she said leaning against the door.

"I'll hand her over to you now" he said. He moved Cora's arm over to Layla. Cora rested her head on Layla's shoulder.

"I love you Layla. You're so amazing!" she said.

"I love you too Cora" she said.

"I best be heading out. Take care Cora. I'll see you around yah?" the man asked as Cora nodded her head. The man left and Cora hugged Layla.

"Laaaaylaaaa! I'm tired." Cora said. Layla forced a smile and looked to Cora.

"Let's go to bed then" she said as Cora clapped her hands. Layla picked her up and carried her to their room. Cora lied down and took up most of the bed. Layla sighed and walked out to their porch, stopping to grab her guitar. She sat down on a chair and started to strum. She began to sing

"Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face, tell me that you love me, even if it's fake. Cuz I don't fucking care. At all" Layla sang closing her eyes and letting the music speak her mind.

"You've been out all night, I don't know where you've been, you're slurrin' all you words, not making any sense. But I don't fucking care, at all." Layla opened her eyes and looked to the room where Cora slept soundly.

"Cuz I have hella feelings for you. I act like I don't fucking care" Layla could feel her heart ping with pain.

"Like they ain't even there. Cuz I have hella feelings for you. I act like I don't fucking care, cuz I'm so fucking scared." she thought of every time Cora had come home drunk in the arms of someone else. Every time she had checked someone else out. Every time she had flirted with someone else in front of Layla and behind her back.

"I'm only a fool for you. And maybe your too good for me" she sang looking down. "I'm only a fool for you, but I don't fucking care at all!" she sang strumming her guitar hard. She slowly put it down and started to cry.