My Childhood

"Well, when I was small..I don't remember much, but I lost my parents."

Tomogaru was just blank. "wow..." Hijikata stroked his hair.

"Even thought I felt like I was neglected, I had my older brother, Tamegoro, who was my father figure. The only reason why I never complained about life, was because I had my older brother. With him I could live..."

~flashback thingy~

"Neh onii-san, look! I found a pretty stone!" hijikata showed the rock to her older brother. He smiled and stroked her long hair.

"Hijikata do you love me?" he smiled and pat her head.

"yes! I'll do anything for you onii-San! I love you!"

Tamegoro hugged her. He loved her little sister very much, but was scared. Such a little girl, who endures this much pain...Tamegoro thought she was crazy. Hijikata was neglected in way, yet she could still stand tall.

"Onii-San what's wrong?"

"oh nothing, let's go before the sun sets." he grabbed her hand as she walked along.

They walked to the house, put their sandals in a neat pile, and began to walk toward Hijikata's room to tuck her in.

"Oyasmi."

Hijikata rubbed her eyes, and dozed off to sleep. Tamegoro fell asleep near her cuddling her close.

Hijikata woke up in the dawn of night by the smell of fire and the sound of screaming.