Jingle Bell Ball Part 1

Taylor POV

It had been a long couple for weeks, between rehearsals, travelling, and performances. But tonight, was my last show of the season. And it was in London – my favourite place to be and my favourite place to perform.

"So, you are opening the show.... Are you staying around until the end?" Tree asked over the phone as I unpacked my clothes back into my London house. I had arrived late the night before and was planning on staying around for the next couple of weeks before going back for the holidays with my family.

"Yeah.... I want to see Ed for sure..." I said absentmindedly as my mind wandered.

"And you still want to get fans backstage right? Even though..." She started to say cautiously.

"Yes, even though they don't want me to." I said, rolling my eyes and chuckling at the fact we were planning to sneak people backstage.

"Okay. I'll let you go now." She said, "By the way, I have the passes for Joe and Patrick, so I will give them to you at soundcheck."

"Perfect! Thank you so much!" I said, getting excited as I thought about watching parts of the show with Joe and Patrick.

We said our goodbyes and I finished unpacking everything before soundcheck.

"Babe?" I heard from downstairs. "We're here!"

"I'll be down in a second!" I called back, closing my now organised drawers and leaving my room with a spring in my step.

"Hey Taylor!" Patrick said as I got to the kitchen, immediately smiling as I saw him making himself comfortable in the kitchen with a mug of hot chocolate as Joe made some for himself too. "Did you see the snow?"

"YES! It's so awesome!" I replied, clapping my hands excitedly like a little child.

"I think you are the only person in the UK who thinks it's awesome!" Joe said, laughing at my excitement, "The country is literally at stand still right now."

My smile dropped.

"Oh god! I hope everyone managed to get to the show!" I said, whipping out my phone and checking Tumblr.

"You do that while we warm up a little, and then we will head out.... In 15 minutes?" Joe said, coming up behind me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders to get my attention.

"Yeah, sure." I said distractedly.

Joe POV

"You know people are looking at you right?" Patrick said with a chuckle as I watched the stage anxiously for Taylor to appear in the next few minutes.

"Who cares?" I replied, completely meaning it.

No matter how many eyes were on me I would not hide. I watched the Jingle Ball in New York form backstage, but this one was on my home turf and I wanted to experience Taylor's performance in all it's glory alongside her fans and the general British public.

I heard the intro starting and couldn't help but smile as the intro video started playing, still wondering how I got so lucky. As soon as the intro finished I started filming the show, to show Taylor what it was like from the public and how much the audience was loving it all. I was entranced by her performance and overjoyed at the response she was getting from the audience – they were loving it!

As soon as she was finished, and they were setting up for the next act, I started making my way to the backstage area.

"Hey – can I stay out here with my friends for a bit?" Patrick asked.

We had managed to get tickets for a few of his friends too and he was having a great time. I looked at one of the security guys we had with us who nodded – letting me know he would stick around with the boys whilst I went to see Taylor.

"Sure -enjoy the show! Let me know if you want to come backstage or watch from the side of the stage later. Maybe head over during The Chainsmokers so we don't loose you guys at the end of the night, okay?" I told me, getting an eye roll and nod back from him before I turned to leave.

The backstage area was a maze of different people – from the artists, to their security, publicists, entourage.... I had to concentrate to remember how to get to Taylor's dressing room.

"JOE!" I heard come from my left, turning to see Cherry (Ed's girlfriend) waving at me as she went back into his dressing room, "See you later?"

"Sure thing! Tell Ed good luck from us!" I called back over the heads of various crew members as I stood outside Taylor's door, ready to go in.

Suddenly the door burst open and there she was.

"Hi! Get inside NOW!" She said, dragging me inside her dressing room and making me confused.

"Um.... Okay?" I said, still a little puzzled as I waved to her band and backup singers who were hanging out in there.

"Sorry but I have some fans coming to say hi and... well... yeah. You stay in here." She said, looking in the mirror quickly to straighten her top and comb through her hair with her fingers, "Love you!" She added with a quick kiss before leaving the room.

"That was.... well... weirdly normal behaviour for Taylor." Paul said, smirking at me and making us all laugh. "What did you think of the set?"

"It was fantastic! Everyone in the audience was completely drawn in – I know I was!" I replied.

I found it really nice how they welcomed me into their lives so easily. I felt like one of the group, despite the fact they had all known each other for 3 or more years. We almost didn't notice the door opening as Taylor came in, having met her selected fans in the hallway. But suddenly she dropped herself down on my lap and leaned on my shoulder.