Chapter 3

If June had a gun, she'd shoot herself. Could the day get any worse? After asking Jake to disappear, she'd genuinely hoped the next time she'd be seeing him, he'd be dead. Okay, maybe that was a little too extreme, but only a little. Looking across at Jake from where she sat in the middle row of the class, she nearly groaned out loud.

Like he was listening to her thoughts, Jake looked up at her, a smirk on his face. "Hey" he mouthed at her sleazily. June shot him an incredulous look immediately, and topped it with gagging expressions. To her utmost surprise, he stood up from his own sit a few rows away and sauntered towards her.
Dragging the chair back with a little too much swagger, he took the sit next to her.
"No. No. No. You can't sit here." She protested as quietly as she could - which wasn't very quiet.

"Er why?" He asked, looking genuinely perplexed.

Gawd, he was doing this. He was actually doing this right then.
June cursed, this time a whisper. She could think a scroll up of reasons why he should screw himself back to his seat.

"One, I hate you." She said, "Two I can't deal with your pee brain right now and three, did I mention, I HATE YOU?"

Jake opened his mouth just as the teacher's voice rang out, "Miss Pitt ."cutting him off and cutting her off before she could actually say what was on her mind.

Cutting her off before she said she was too tired to deal with the world, before she could say she didn't even have the strength for sarcasm, that Jake would make people notice her and all she wanted to do was be invisible.

"Mrs Phillips", she acknowledged her English teacher. June had decided to start taking her Advanced placement classes again, there was no need killing her own college prospects  anymore. She wasn't stupid anymore. Questions swirled in her head, did she even want to go to college, what did she want?
At the same time a memory flashed in her head.

He held her close, placing kisses on her temple. "I love you B"
"Why?" She always wanted to hear the new reasons he cooked up everyday. "I don't know, you just different."

"Miss Pitt! Is there a problem?". The teachers voice rang out louder.

Jerking back to reality, she stuttered a reply.

"You seem to be bothering Jake here."  June did not fail to observe how her voice went a little sultry, almost seductive when she said the jerk's name.
Mrs Phillips was the youngest teacher at Tate's High School. She had barely been married a week.
June wouldn't have been surprised if she had the hots for Jake Olsen -not that he was hot or anything- and the thought of it made her sick.

Holding herself back from saying what she actually wanted to, she straightened up, "No ma'am. We were just having a talk."

Jake Olsen looked at the teacher with an appreciative smile, which she returned, with a wink! He realised too late that his hand was on June's knee, patting. It must have been when she spaced out and he tried to get her attention. Even through the ripped jeans, her skin was warm and something about touching her felt foreign to him. A foreign he wanted to try out. What the hell was he thinking?

"Um... Hello? Get your stupid hand off me perv."

He quickly took it off, masking his embarrassment. "Just had to know you were still human."
She rolled her eyes to him on cue.

Jake gave her a pout and she found herself almost smiling at him, almost.

This incredibly short and long awaited chapter is dedicated to DinahJewel for encouraging me to update. 💜
I will update more from now on.
Please leave a comment and my favourite, vote 🌟⭐
-Rainè