Chapter 1: Butthole and Lil' Miss Sunshine

Hey guys! This is my first Wattpad story, so just let me know if y'all like it. If you think the name needs changed, please comment your ideas, I really need the help! This first chapter may sound sorta cliché, but... Ya know, the story will progress into a more original piece as the chapters go on.

P.S. My chapters tend to stay pretty short, but I will try to update often.

Butterfly kisses,

oliviao12

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 1: Butthole and Lil' Miss Sunshine

"Why are you here?" I asked with disgust.

Kayden smirked back, "Just let me in."

"Why should I?" I retorted.

"Stop asking so many questions, Sunshine," he shot back.

I tried to look him in the eyes, but I couldn't. The last time I had looked into those big green eyes, 6 years ago when we first met, all I could think about was a lush green meadow during springtime, and the thought almost made me melt. I never looked him in the eyes again. So, I focused in on another feature, like his tousled, brown hair.

"One, stop calling me Sunshine," I glared. "And two, are you just here to talk to Bryce?"

"Why else would I be here?" He asked.

"Just shut up and come in, Butthole," I seethed.

"You know you want me, Sunshine," he whispered as he walked by.

I whipped around to face him in utter bewilderment as he threw a wink over his shoulder.

"Butthole," I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that, Sunshine," Kayden called back.

I was about to rip my hair out.

"Bryce!" I screamed up the stairs, "Your butthole of a friend is here."

"Okay!" he yelled back.

Having a twin brother is harder than it sounds. Especially when you both are the two most popular people in the school. Especially especially when the sister's best friend is the brother's girlfriend. Especially especially especially when the brother's best friend is the sister's arch enemy. Yes, I'm talking about Butthole, the one and only. My arch enemy.

So this was a normal afternoon in the Knight home.

Considering all of this, I decided to take refuge in my room. It was better than listening to two nincompoops share a conversation. I grabbed my iPhone off the docking station and started to text Clara.

Me: hey

Clara: wuzzup

Me: guess whos sitting in my living room

Clara: who

Me: butthole 1 and butthole 2

Clara: u mean kayden and my pookie bear

Me: ugh yes

Clara: what r they doing

Me: idk probs getting drunk

Clara: ???

Me: jk lol gtg

Clara: kk see ya

Well, Pookie Bear was new. Gag me. Clara's my best friend, but really? Pookie Bear? That was a major flaw of Clara's, giving people annoying nicknames. Another flaw was the fact that she was the most gullible person I've ever met. She actually thought that my brother, my poster boy brother, was getting drunk at home with my parents in the house. Like that would ever happen.

"So, are you throwing a party tonight, bro?" Bryce asked Kayden mischievously.

"Heck yeah!" he laughed back.

I could distinctively hear the sound of high five resounding through the house.

Another party. Another night of big crowds, loud crappy music, and drinking games that I didn't participate in. Another night of dragging Bryce home. Another night of restless sleep.

I really didn't want to go, because that would mean another night of skipping work. Well, at least that's where everyone thought I was at.

But of course I had to go. I was the most popular girl at school. I had to keep my image. Now, don't get me wrong, I was a nice-looking, fashion-toward cheerleader who's brother was quarterback of our school's varsity football team, but I was not a petty, shallow, gossip-girl. I did care about peoples feelings, and my schoolwork. Clara and I would sit with my brother and his friends, some of our friends, and Butthole.

So yeah. I pretty much was forced to go to this party.

I ran down the stairs and tried to form a charming grin. "Am I invited?" I asked.

"You're pretty dumb, you know that, Sunshine," Kayden laughed. "If you don't come, neither will your hot cheerleader friends."

Well, that didn't feel like I was being used at all.

"One, I'm not dumb. And two, I know that. I was just trying to politely invite myself. Bryce will obviously need a designated driver, which is me," I explained and ran back up the stairs to change.

"Lighten up, Ella," I heard Bryce chuckle under his breath.

I may be fashion-forward, but I had no idea to wear.

One trashed room, two emptied closets, and three scream sessions later, I was ready.

I shoved on a tight, royal blue dress and simply braided my cinnamon-colored hair into a side braid. I threw on a pair of sparkly black pumps, and dashed down the stairs. Normally, I would go for a more casual look, but this time was different. I didn't know who I wanted to impress, but I wanted to look impressive.

That's when someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

And that's when I turned around and slapped them in the face.