Chapter 3: You Can't Just Forgive and Forget

Hi y'all! I'm feeling extra write-y today! Excuse my made up word there. 😂

So, here's another chapter!

Butterfly kisses,

oliviao12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3: You Can't Just Forgive and Forget

I felt like I was melting into a puddle as he pulled me up, keeping our gazes locked the whole time. I saw those grassy green meadows and then suddenly, memories I had been keeping hidden for 6 years flashed before my eyes.

6 years ago:

I hesitantly stuck out my hand to the boy in front of me. He was sort of awkward, yet cute and devilish at the same time.

"Hi, I'm Ella. I just finished 5th grade," I introduced myself.

He looked up from the ground and said softly, "I'm Kayden, I just finished 5th grade too."

I began to speak again, "my twin brother Bryce should be around here somewhere... You two would be good frien-"

I cut myself off when I realized he was staring at me. Not wanting to be rude, I looked straight back into his eyes. And that was when my mind lost control and I was suddenly surrounded by a sea of lush green grass.

I ran away from my new neighbor, scared of the feelings that had run through me. I was confused and scared.

Later that day, I was no longer confused on the subject. I liked Kayden Taylor.

I wanted to hang out with him, so I ran across the street to his house. I knocked on the door and was suddenly drowned in a bucketful of green paint, the same color green as his eyes. All I could hear was his soft snickering, and all I could see was red.

That was when our hatred for each other started.

That was when he started to torment me endlessly.

That was when the panic attacks started.

Present day:

As soon as the memories left my mind, I started shaking like crazy. Soon after that, Kayden's shoes were covered in my vomit and I was lying on the floor sobbing.

He knelt down to me with pain and concern in his eyes and held me close to his chest.

"Whatever I did, Ella, I am so sorry," he choked out.

In a daze, I saw Bryce slowly coming towards the scene. I heard him scream and I vaguely saw his fist collide with Kayden's face.

Then everything went black.