Dawnclan Part 1

Dawnclan Part 1

Autmnfire's POV (queen)

Autumnfire watched her two kits playing chase with a feather. The small black kit pounced and missed. "Better luck next time, Onyxkit," said the other, laughter in his voice. Onyxkit glared back in his direction, but her eyes became jubilant again as she spotted another feather floating in the breeze.

Autumnfire's orange and white pelt gleamed in the light that shone through the brambles of the nursery. She dragged herself out of her nest and hurried over to where her son was sitting, to groom him before the day started. "Ugh mom, I'm fine. I don't need looking after," he insisted. "When hedghogs fly!" she said sarcastically. The she cat looked over and saw her daughter sticking her tounge out at Leopardkit, her brother. Autumnfire rolled her eyes and continued to groom the dappled kit.

Maplefrost's POV

It had only been about 6 moons since the strange cats came to stay. They were rouges, and were being apprenticed under the current warriors for 6 moons, to become warriors and full members of Dawnclan. Maplefrost had been chosen to mentor one of these cats. Honeystar had chosen a cat named Stone, now Stonepaw, to be her responsibility.

Stonepaw was a dark black tom with green eyes. He was very friendly, but he had a dark side that he tried to hide. It was a lonely, sad darkness. However, Maplefrost couldn't understand why. He had many friends in the clan, and he was quite sociable. He was a cat that when he felt no one was watching, he looked sad.

In addition to him, There was a large yellowish tom named Scarpaw, who had a rather unsightly scar running through his eye and down his jaw. Despite his rugged appearance, he was a generous and loyal cat. Lionheart was his mentor.

Another cat was Heatherpaw. She was a beautiful golden she cat with amber eyes. She was secluded and shy, and seemed to have a hard time gaining trust from the other cats. She was more than loyal, and was ultimately commited to being a warrior, but there was something about her that seemed off.

The last stranger was Arrowpaw. His mentor was Honeybee. He was a handsome striped cat with strange personality qualities which enabled him to be both charming and dark at the same time. He was an exceptional hunter and his signature move was ambush from the lower tree limbs. The striped tom was a very valuable asset to the clan, and Maplefrost could see why Honeystar found him so versatile.

Maplefrost settled down in her nest to rest before she awoke for the long day on the horizon. She hoped everyone, and herself included, would grow to trust, respect, and love these new members of Dawnclan.