Chapter 3

**Mandy's POV**

When I saw Hayes, no words were able to come out of my mouth. I don't know... I guess I was shocked and surprised that he actually decided to show up. So since I couldn't say anything, Sophia started the conversation.

"Hey guys. let's go downstairs"

We all headed to the basement, and all sat down on the two couches in front of the tv. Still none of us really spoke, so Sophia spoke again

"So... are any of you gonna say something?"

"Pineapple" Matt said trying to get everyone to laugh

I giggled and, I noticed Hayes just staring at me. I kind of felt uncomfortable, but at the same time I felt that spark again when we made eye contact. I still wasn't completely sure though if he actually liked me.

"Good way to start a conversation Matt" Sophia said jokingly.

I didn't exactly know what to say, but I finally spoke up and said "Do you guys want to watch a movie or something?"

Hayes immediately replied "Anything is fine with me"

Hayes and I made eye contact again, and I look over to see Sophia and Matt giggling. I guess they hinted something about us. Sophia eventually asked what movie we should watch. It came down to becoming between The Conjuring or 21 Jump Street. Matt, Hayes and Sophia all suggested The Conjuring. Scary movies weren't exactly my thing, but it was a majority vote so we ended up watching that.

I was curled up in a blanket in the corner of the couch, while Hayes was on the opposite end without a blanket. I offered a blanket to give him, but he denied and said it was fine. I could tell he was cold because my basement is always cold, so I still got up to get him a blanket. When I got the blanket, I kinda just threw it at him. I didn't really know how to hand it to him. The blanket covered his face, and he pulled it off of him and started laughing. His hair was messed up, but it was so cute. And what was a real turn on was when he did his hair flip. It was adorable.

Matt and Sophie were on the other couch. And I noticed something really weird. Her head was laying on Matt's shoulder. But the more that I think about it, she kinda just feels comfortable around anyone, so I guess it wasn't such a big deal.

I ended up sitting back down curled up in my blanket, and the movie was just beginning to start. I asked everyone if they wanted popcorn, and everyone agreed.

"Sophia come upstairs with me" I said.

"Alright" she replied.

We made our way to the kitchen, and as I grabbed the popcorn to put in the microwave I just kind of stood there dozing off (which I tend to do quite a lot) thinking about Hayes. It was weird, and I wish I could control it.

"Are you okay Mandy?" Sophia asked concerned.

"Huh, what? Oh yeah sorry. I'm fine. Just great Soph, Just great." I replied.

"Uh okay? Well are you going to put the popcorn in the microwave or?"

"Oh yeah sorry" I said feeling stupid.

"Are you sure you're okay? Something's up that you're not telling me." Sophia asked

"Okay fine, but I swear if you tell anyone.."

"Promise" Sophia said getting serious.

"Well, I've been.. I don't know... I guess I'm starting to have feelings for Hayes. I really wish I didn't, but I can't help it. Please help me" I said in relief.

"Okay. Do you want me to talk to him?" Sophia asked.

"No, no don't worry about it. I don't want you to get into this mess"

"Mandy, I've known you for the longest time. I can't count the amount of times you've helped me in situations. Doing this for you is nothing compared to what you've done for me."

"Awh, Soph. Thank you so much. I love you, but please, please, please don't make it seem like I like him. That would just make things even more awkward then they already are." I said

"Don't worry Mandy, I got you. Just promise me something. Don't get all stressed out from this okay? He's just a boy"

"You're right. and again thank you" I said

At that moment the popcorn was done cooking so I grabbed the bag and put it all in one big bowl and went downstairs with Sophia in front of me. I noticed that when I walked downstairs it got silent. I was kind of just like whatever and put the popcorn on the coffee table.

The movie was still playing and of course right as I set the popcorn down a scary part comes up and I scream. When I scream I get all jumpy so I leaped backwards and onto the couch. When I had my moment I accidentally hit hayes in the face.

"OH MY GOSH I AM SO SORRY" I said feeling terrible.

Hayes kind of just laughed and looked me in the eyes and said "It's okay. It was nothing"

"No, hayes I'm so s..."

Hayes then just started laughing in the middle of my sentence and said "Mandy really it's okay."

I then just sat on the couch the rest of the movie in guilt. After a lifetime, the movie was over. It was nine o'clock, and the boys soon had to leave because Hayes had a lacrosse game at like 10:30 tonight. I didn't think a game would be so late.

"I had a great time tonight. Thanks for having us. Hang out again soon?" Hayes said.

"Yes! That would be great!" I said

I looked over at Matt to see him whispering in Hayes' ear.

"Wait, by any chance would you guys.. I don't know maybe want to come to my game? You don't have to it was just a thought"

Sophia quickly replied "We'd love to."

"Really!? Okay, well let's go. I don't want to be late!" Hayes said.

I quickly ran to go tell my brother we were going to Hayes' game and he didn't really care, so we walked over to Hayes' house and off to his game we go.