Chapter Four - Edification Class

Chapter Four - 2376

There was several things wrong.

One, the room was bland. The other classrooms, at least, had some sort of design or decor, yet this room looked like it was just received or had just been cleaned of everything except what was necessary.

Two, their Sensei didn't even look like a hero, and almost seemed way too young to be a teacher. He almost looked like he should've still been in High School, maybe in his last year.

Three, all the desk had names written on them. In the corner of each desk was kanji (Japanese writing), almost as if it was rushed. It didn't seem like a math class at all.

The students found their seats, and found that with how they were seating, they had plenty of space to move without getting up. Underneath each one of their names was a number.

With a yawn, their Sensei didn't stand up before talking. "I'm Oshiri, the permanent substitute until your actual teacher arrives two months from now. Until then, I'll be teaching you all." He stated, "Your teacher didn't leave instructions or anything special like that, so I'm just going to do whatever I feel fits according to your behavior."

Despite his lazy personality, thousands of thoughts swarmed inside his head. This is the most talented class in General Studies.

"So, I feel like today we should just take it easy."

These are the golden eggs that didn't make it.

"So we'll just go around the room- say your name, the number on your desk, and tell the class why you wanted to become a hero."

These are the ones he assigned to us.

"If you can't give me a good reason for why you want to be a hero, then you won't participate in the activity I have planned for the remainder of the day, and have to do a packet." He finished his explanation, then pointed to Suna.

He stood up, feeling his hands clammer in a cold sweat while thinking of what to say. "I-I'm Se-Sekigan Suna, Number one. I want to be a hero be-because I wan-want to prevent accidents." He stated.

Not clear enough. I'll cut him a bit of slack. He thought. "And why do you want to prevent accidents? Give an example and how you wanted to stop it."

Suna swallowed his spit. "My parents died in a car accident. Even though I had my quirk, there was nothing I did. I was only able to save my sister, when I could have protected them too."

Even though Suna was stone faced with all the sympathy in his peers' looks, Oshiri could tell what he was feeling just by his hands and his eyes. He hated it. Sekigan Suna, a kid who had been discarded by the majority of humanity, and discriminated against because of his past, hated sympathy.

Well, then again, Oshiri could tell it wasn't Suna that didn't like the sympathy. It was whatever was swarming in his mind that didn't.

He doesn't want pathetic sympathy. Oshiri thought to himself. Whatever his mind's created as a coping mechanism doesn't want this sympathy.

"Alright, hurry up with the next one." Oshiri ordered, causing the students to redirect their looks to the next student.

Chine stood up, not really facing anyone or looking at anything. "I'm Nako Chine, number two. I want to inspire those who don't have what idiotic schools deem "Combat Suited" quirks." He sat down, not waiting for Oshiri's response.

Much more rebellious in his own way. He's going to be the type to make a point opposite of mine, and find some way to prove his point.

The raven haired boy stood up once Oshiri looked at him. "I'm Iyasata Uto, number three, I want to be a hero in order to hold up a promise I made to a couple of old friends and family."