Chapter 2

.Chapter 2- Brendan's POV

As I lay in bed everything that happened today came rushing in. Vicky getting pregnant, seeing Cam after a whole year and now having to marry Cam. I can't forget the look in Cam's eyes when I saw her today. Her amber coloured eyes have always displayed her emotions. They were the gateway to her soul. But today as I looked into them, there was one emotion I couldn't detect. I wonder what I did, to make her run away from me. Even though she was Vicky's best-friend, she was always there for me to. I didn't realize how dependant I was upon her until she disappeared. But why did she disappear? There was another question pounding at the back of my head. Why did it hurt so much when Cam said she was marrying me only for Vicky? I'm not one of those guys who think their going to marry the love of there lives, so why did I feel so rejected when I found out she was only marrying me for Vicky? Oh man all this thinking cannot be good. I looked at my alarm clock to see it was already 3 in the morning. I realized it was no use worrying over such useless things. And with that I fell asleep.

I woke up at 7am the next morning. Most people would be surprised to know I'm a morning person, due to my player image. It does help me when it comes to sneaking out of a girls room in the mornings. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I dressed in a pair of jeans and a black dress shirt. I was heading off to my parents house with Cam to tell them the news. Once I was ready I made my way to my brand new black Mercedes. I drove to Vicky's apartment and made my way to her condo. I rang the doorbell and was greeted by a happy Vicky. As soon as she opened the door, I was dragged into the kitchen.

"Sit down" Vicky said, pointing to a chair opposite her. I sat down and looked up to see her fiddling with her fingers. Whenever she did that, it meant she had something important to say.

"What you wanna talk about?" I asked, getting impatient.

"Okay well first of all, I can't thank you enough for everything you're doing for me. You really are the best brother ever. And secondly, I don't want you playing any of your games with Cam. She's my best-friend and i don't want you treating her like you treat your other girls."

"Vicky I would never hurt Cam intentionally. And don't worry I'll be on my best behaviour." As I said this, Vicky came over to kiss me on the cheek. Only then did I realize she was still in her pyjamas.

"Umm Vick, shouldn't you get ready. We have to go see mom and dad soon"

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I can't make it. I have a doctor's appointment today. But don't worry I'm sure everything will be fine. " I suddenly start to panic. What if mom and dad don't agree? What if Cam can't pull it off? Vicky realizes I'm freaking and tries to calm me down. As we're talking I hear the click of high heels behind me and when I turn I'm left completely dumbfounded. Standing before me is a completely changed Cam. Her usual curly hair is straightened, and her amber eyes look fierce due to the eye makeup. And wow her black dress seems to be hugging her every curve. Her dress reaches mid-thigh, showing off her beautiful long legs. When I look back at her eyes she looks away, turning red.

"Wow you look so hot!" Yells Vicky as she runs over to Cam, giving her a big hug.

"Well you are the one that did all of this" Cam says as she returns to her normal skin tone. I suddenly compose myself and get up.

"Umm we should be going now, I told them we'd be there at 4 and its already 3:20." I say.

"But Vicky, why aren't you ready yet?" Cam asks.

"Oh well I can't make it. I have a doctors appointment, but don't worry you'll be great" Cam looks like she's about to faint. She looks wide-eye at Vicky in shock. Any other girl would jump at the opportunity to be alone with me in a car. But not Cam, she looks like she'd rather jump off a building than spend one second alone with me.