chapter 7

Chapter 7: Cam's POV

After Brendan picked me up I felt really awkward in the car ride. As I was looking out the window Brendan asked to stop at a diner to get something to eat. When we got inside I instantly got nervous since I felt a bunch of guys looking at me with lust filled eyes. Suddenly I felt Brendan's arms wrap protectively around me and I instantly calmed down. Yet my entire body felt as if it was on fire. Once we got to our table he let go and I sat down, trying to hide the smile from my face.

"Hi what would you like to order?" I looked up to see a waitress eyeing Brendan up and down. She was dressed like a slut and I could see she was trying to get with Brendan. I was shocked when Brendan turned to ask me what I would like instead of talking to the waitress. I tried to hide the shock I was feeling from my face and asked for a donut and coffee. I looked out the window and saw the sky start to get dark.

"it looks like its about to rain" I said as the food arrived.

"Don't worry we'll make it to the cottage before it does" Brendan said and the two of us stopped talking. As Brendan got up to go pay the bill i turned to get my purse, but I suddenly felt someone's hand on my thigh. I looked up and saw an old man with a cowboy hat in front of me. I slapped his hand off my thigh and he responded by giving me a smirk, which showed his ugly yellow teeth.

"Feisty eh... just how I like em" he said as he made his way closer to me.

"Stop.. i.. leave me alone" I said, fear icing my words. Just as he touched my arm I saw someone punch him.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY FIANCE!" I heard Brendan yell and just as he was about to punch him again I jumped into his arms, shaking.

"Can we please get out of here?" I whispered, still nervous. We made our way outside and once he let go of me I felt empty again. 'I shouldn't be feeling like this with Brendan. He'll just break what's left of my heart' I thought as I sat down and we drove away. 'But he called me his fiancé even though he didn't have to, that must mean something.'

"What's on your mind?" Brendan asked breaking the silence.

"O.. umm nothing... I just want to thank you for what you did in there." I replied, trying not to show how I was actually feeling. But what he said next was something I would never expect.

"cam I would do anything for you" he said. I saw realization wash over his face as he suddenly realized what he said. However as he was about to say something rain started to pour heavily. And suddenly the car started to purr weirdly.

"Whats wrong with the car?" I asked nervous. 'I really hope the car doesn't stop here' I thought.

Brendan went to check the engine and I realized he was getting wet because of the rain. Luckily there was an Umbrella in the back and I got it and ran out. I felt the rain pouring down my hair but didn't mind. As I held the umbrella on top of Brendan he looked up at me.

"I didn't want you to get wet" I replied, as he continued to look at me. 'Oh no I bet the rain messed up my eyeliner, and its running down my face' I thought and decided to say something so he would stop looking at me.

"So whats wrong with the car?" I asked.

"Ummm I think we just need someone to boost it. Its probably going to stop working in a couple of minutes. I saw a shack around that area and we'll wait there till the rain stops" Brendan said. 'Wait me and Brendan alone in a shack. A car ride was bad enough but a shack. Oh my gosh in scary movies a shack is always where someone gets killed. What if there are wild bears around'

"Umm but where are we? What if there wild animals about. Or a serial killer. Or one of those guys from the diner!" as I rambled on about the different possibilities Brendan pulled me into his arms, causing me to calm down just by his touch.