Chapter III

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE LAST CHAPTER! OMG. How could I?! My Kaito didn’t greet my Heiji. TT He’s supposed to make all he met smile, isn’t he?! I’m a bad persooon.~

・・(PДq。)・・

I need to make things right! A bit, i guess. Since he already ended up having a bad impression to Heiji. It’s all my fault~

_

Heiji was confused on the high school student’s statement to him. ‘What does he mean that they’re on a date? Does he knows the real identity of Kudou?’ The dark-skinned detective thought to himself as he narrowed his eyes looking at the guy in front of him trying to calculate what is his relationship with Kudou.

Kaito noticed that the high school detective in front of him is trying to assess him. “Oh! Of course!” He puts down Conan that he was carrying earlier and fixed himself, smiled and with a snap, a yellow rose appeared from his hand. “Kuroba Kaito. Your magician extraordinaire.~”

Unimpressed, Heiji still narrowing his eyes and glaring at the magician took the yellow rose from Kaito to be polite. “Hattori Heiji, detective.”

He turned his attention to the kid beside Kaito, “Can I talk to him for a minute?” he asked Kaito as if he needs permission to a possessive...uh? girlfriend? who doesn’t want anyone talking to his boyfriend.

Heiji grabbed Conan’s hand to excuse the little boy but Kaito grabbed the other to stop him. “Heh~ You can talk to him with me, right?” a little bit of irritation was shown on his face, evidently just forcing a smile.

Heiji glared at him more, annoyed by Kaito’s action, “Why’s that? Is he yer best friend Conan?” He looked at the kid with irritation as if asking him to back him up, “As far as I am concerned, I am yer best friend!” he emphasizes but he immediately defended his statement thinking that Kuroba-san might not know Kudou’s real identity, “I-I mean, I always come and play with you, ne Conan?” he said as he nervously laughs.

Conan concluded that Heiji hasn’t discovered Kaito’s identity as KID yet and he is thinking that Kaito doesn’t know that Conan and Shinichi are one. ‘Should I tell him that Kaito and KID are one? That he knows I’m Kudou Shinichi?’ He looked at the magician and his chest tightened a bit, ‘No, I don’t think I want anyone to know other than me.’

What? What did just my brain told me?

“Ne Kaito-niisan.” Conan caught the attention of the magician, pulling his hands acting as if he wanted to go somewhere and pointed out to the ice cream parlor near them. “I want those ice creams! Can you buy one for me? Please?” Conan pleaded and acting all cute to the magician and trying to convince Hattori that Kaito is just his ordinary Kaito-niisan.

Kaito looked at him annoyed. He understands that tantei-kun wanted him to leave them alone for a while. He crouched and beam a smile on the kid who’s acting all cute, “Sure! Anything for my dear.~” and again he stole a kiss from the kid’s cheek, “I’ll be back” and he went on his way.

Conan blushed at Kaito’s actions...again. When will this acting be over? Why is he even still acting? His show was over last night. I really don’t get how he thinks.