Chapter 4: First Kill!

Valepaw woke up from the soft sound of birds chirping. It was the day he was going to go hunting for real. "Plushtail!" He jumped out of his nest. "Yes, Little one?" Plushtail replied with a soft tone. "We're going hunting today, right?!" He mewed. Plushtail was surprised. "Oh, I almost forgot. Let me get ready and we can go when the dawn patrol gets back."
"Okay." Valepaw said with disappointment. He didn't like waiting. He went to check on Podpaw, in the medicine den. He saw his brother putting dock on a couple of scratches Redfoot had gotten from the thorn bushes just outside the camp. Maybe I'll come back later. Valepaw left the den, to see a group of cats coming through the entrance. The dawn patrol is back! Valepaw ran to where Plushtail was sitting. "Can we go? Please..." He said, his voice high pitched. Plushtail sighed. "Yes." She said "YES!" Valepaw and Plushtail headed out of camp. She told him what the different scents are and how to track the scents. "I see one!" Valepaw pointed out a mouse, coming out, probably to search for food. Plushtail nodded. Quickly Valepaw crouched. Head low, and tail still. He did exactly that. The mouse found a nut. Quickly Valepaw pounced up onto the mouse, pinning it to the ground and killing it. "Well done!" Plushtail meowed, surprised. "Come on, Let's take it back to camp." Plushtail continued.