Prologue: What He Lost

Well hello, hello there my anxious readers! I know, I was briefly M.I.A but I'm back writing, cured from my writer's block but still recovering. So, this is, in fact a vampire (i'm gonna spell it vampyr). I  figure, why not? I mean, maybe I can redeem the reputation of vampyr's. I promise this isn't as cliche as you think it's gonna be :D

**************************************************************************************************************

He came bursting through the large golden doors followed by, seething with complete anger, hands clenched, knuckles white, eyes...blood red. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" he bellowed, grabbing a guard that had just entered the hallway by the collar. He opened his mouth and out slid long silvery white fangs, flashing them threateningly at the guard. The guard stuttered, too afraid to say anything that made sense. The other guards put their heads down, trying not to flinch. 

"GAH!!" the vampyr said, throwing the guard into the wall. He groaned in pain as quietly as he could. 

"I'm going to ask again, and this time I expect an answer, am I clear?!" he said in a low, blood curdling voice. The guards just nodded, holding their breaths. 

"Where. Is. She?" 

One of the younger guards cleared his throat and stepped forward. 

"Your Majesty, the thief has escaped. But she is still here, in the castle. There is no possible way for her to get out". 

The king glared at him with fire in his eyes. The guard kept his gaze respectful and neutral. 

"Find her! NOW!" 

They all bowed and scurried away, whispering amongst each other as soon as they were out of earshot. 

"That was brave, Cornelius. The King will let you live" said one of the older, wiser vampyr guards. 

"Thank you, but what do you mean by he will let me live?" asked Cornelius.

"After all this the King will certainly kill us for letting the thief get away" 

"What's so important about this thief?" 

"She stole something very precious of the King. No one's sure what, though. I'll start in the west wing, you start in the south" he said, disappearing from Cornelius' sight. He sighed and walked to the south wing.  

What he didn't notice, unfortuanltly, was up in the high rafters above, hidden in the shadows, a pair of bright, violet eyes glowed in the darkness. Thehidden face laughed softly, smiling. 

The thief.