iii | ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs

❝ people don't change,they just reveal whothey really are

people don't change,
they just reveal who
they really are.
anonymous

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

3 ; nightmares

Opening up the creaking door, to a young man sitting on our couch, eyes glued to the small television. Static, the only noise present. His hair pushed back, out of exhaustion, and shoes covered in mud; they left footprints all around the white glossy floor.

"Yoongi?" I place my bag on the table near by.

I walked closer to the figure, hitching every breath that escapes. Being home didn't feel right, but why did being in the place that keeps me safe the most, feels like I'm not safe at all?

A laugh erupts from the figure, cracking noises befriends the sound of static. Each noise of the crack belonged to bones on his wrist, hands making moves a humans can't.

The mud on the floor turns into a black goo. The television stops playing the horrid sounds of static. I'm finally in front of the figure that leaves a knot in my gut.

"Who are you?" I manage to speak out, eyeing the shadow figure.

Each light bulb that isn't out, pops. Each one in sync, each one cracking faster after the third.

One particular bulb doesn't pop, matter fact, this one lights up; the light bulb to the left of the figure, exposing his true self.

His dark eyes stare into mine, his waves and curls pushed back. This isn't Yoongi.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be locked up?" I feel my voice rising after every word from the first.

"Open your eyes," he mumbles, eyes still connected to mine.

"What? I'm calling the asylum, Taehyung," I try to reach out to the house phone, also to the left of him.

He grabs onto my wrist, harshly, squeezing it tight. His eyes are still onto mine, even when he twists my wrist a bit.

I scream in pain, he uses my arm as a use to pick himself up from the couch. Repeating himself over, "Open your eyes."

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes.