GANGSTER KING - CHAPTER 1

FLASHBACK

(Bold writing is flashbacks. Normal writing is modern day.)

"Oi, you!" Yelled a tall, masculine boy, who looked around 15. His anger was coursing through every vein, as his gang followed behind him. Following him as if he were a king and they were his soldiers, ready to fight a war. The thought boosted the young lad's ego making his posture to rise arrogantly with pride. He knew he was scary. He was ruthless. Cold hearted. A beast.

The chocolate haired boy jogged across the silent road, along with his mates, ready to leash his anger. The polyester of his black Adidas bottoms rubbed against each other causing a groan to escape his plump lips in annoyance. He knew he should have dressed in a different material. There stood three boys watching him in fear, a smirk spread across his face. They were scared of him.

The wind skimmed his tanned, milk skin causing a shiver to go down his towering body. The ice, which was lingering in the air, felt as though it were cutting the high tips of his ears; making him rub them swiftly with his black gloves. He overlooked a young boy, with blue-green eyes, his tall figure dominating his small one. Him being the lion and the other boy being just a mere sheep. 

"D-Danny," stuttered Nicolas, also known as nick. His large blue-green orbs didn't dare to leave Danny's piercing brown ones. Nick knew why Danny was there, he knew exactly why. However, it wasn't his fault, the incident wasn't his fault at all. He watched as Danny tried to have small talk with him but his ears were ringing with fear, what was he going to do? Nick could feel sweat dripping from each and every pore of his body, causing him to respond in dry chuckles towards everything Danny was saying.

"Listen, you fucking idiot," Started Danny as he beamed into Nick's eyes bitterly,

"Don't you fucking dare call Dua a terrorist. Are you listening?" He growled in fury as his dark eyebrows furrowed. Nick only swallowed, he was lost for words. One wrong word to leave his mouth would earn him a solid punch in the face. Danny didn't care, everyone knew that. He didn't care if you were rich, poor, young, old. If you messed with him or his family he would turn on you instantly.

"I didn't," Nick answered timidly. He swallowed the hard lump in his throat, he had lost all confidence. He watched the lads behind Danny snickering at him as if he were a joke, he felt humiliated. That stupid fucking bitch. Cars drove past slowly and steadily on the icy roads, it felt to nick as though they were laughing at him too.

"If I hear you've said anythin' to her again, you watch." Danny threatened with a low, menacing voice, his eyes never leaving Nick's. A shudder ran down Nick's spine as he took in what Danny had said, he knew now not to mess with her. Never again.

There he stood, clapping his hands wildly after Nick and Natasha had finished their first dance. His face still gorgeous as ever causing Dua's stomach to whirl with unknown emotions, she felt sick to her core. She had to get out of here. Her breath hitched as she realised his friend Fahad had noticed her stood there in her tight, fitted red bridesmaid dress; she stood still. He watched her like she was meat on his favourite platter, she hadn't seen his face in so long. Her heartbeat accelerated insanely fast as she pulled off her diamond covered heels and bolted through the exit doors. She couldn't do this. 

Flashback

She lay on her bed, her brown hair sprawled beautifully around her as she kicked her small feet upwards to lean on the grey headboard. His voice sounded like a deep yet sweet melody filling her ears. She loved it. She held her phone tightly against her ear trying to listen to every word he was saying, her heart was skipping beats. 

"So what do you want to be?" Dua's asked softly, wanting to hear his ambitions in life. She wanted to know his life story: what he liked, what he disliked, what he loved, what he hated, every single drop of him she wanted to know so she could treasure it in her heart and throw away the key. She had no idea what love was, both didn't as they were only 15 but no one knew what the future held. They were young and blinded by each other, not knowing if they were meant to be or if it would just come and go like seasons; however, what they didn't know was that their story would be different. 

"A gangster." He replied with a hint of proudness in his voice. He knew what he wanted, he wanted her. He wanted her to rule his empire with him: for her to share everything with him, for her to love him. He wanted her to be happy with what he was going to give for her, if she would just give him time, he could do it.  A scoff was heard from the other side of the phone causing an unknown disappointed feeling to spread through the pit of his stomach.

"Don't you want a proper job?" She asked with confusion. For Dua, she knew that would be his answer but she expected him to answer something like Engineer or mechanic. She didn't expect a boy, with brains like him, to be a small gangster amongst the community of selling drugs and getting into trouble; what a boring life. Its hurt Danny, she didn't want that. She didn't want to share it with him, she wanted someone who would have a 'proper job'.

He chuckled instantly with ease to indicate he didn't mind her insult; even though it irritated him a lot.

"I want respect." He mumbled. He waited for her response, what was she going to say? He prayed to God she wouldn't insult him again.  Rustling was heard from his side of the phone, what was she doing? 

"How will you earn that?" She whispered. He smiled at her innocent question, he knew that she had some knowledge of how he was going to earn respect off of others but he wanted to talk about it more with her. He'd never spoked to a girl like this before. No girl has been interested in his ambitions or his dreams. She was different.

"Fear, it's the best way." He sighed out. All he could hear was a quiet giggle, that sound made his heart beat with excitement. However, he didn't want to feel like that he didn't want to ruin this. 

"Respect is earned by trust and kindness, not by hurting and scaring people," Dua said softly. No girl had ever said something like that, it was as though she were telling him how to earn respect. It irritated him that she'd said something like that but he knew she was telling the truth. 

"Good luck I guess." She laughed mockingly. A scowl formed on his face, she's actually fucking annoying.

"I have to go. talk soon." Before she could answer he had ended the call but he knew deep down he couldn't be mad at her, she was his everything. It had annoyed Dua that he'd ended the phone, her heart dropped as she jumped to a conclusion and rang Natasha so she could cry her heart out. How could he?

Tears leaked from Dua's eyes, her knuckles had turned white from gripping onto her steering wheel tightly. She didn't want to see him, he was her everything and they had so many memories. Who would have known anyone could affect her this much. Her heart screamed for him, every beat felt like a knife. Her tears didn't stop streaming, she placed her head on the steering wheel of the hired Ferrari, causing her mascara to blacken her face. No one understood what she had with him, no one ever would. Why was he back in town? Why was he always there to haunt her, everywhere she went he was there. People spoke about him like he's a king like they wish to be him. His name was always lingering in the air; somehow, somewhere.  It hurt, it hurt a lot but she realised she had to go back inside to attend the rest of Natasha's wedding. She didn't even think he'd be there, why was he there? He never attended anyone's weddings unless they were close family or very close friends. She had to act like an adult.

She had to face her fears; Even if it had been 6 years.