Chapter 3-Aurora

-Enjoy!

I roll around in bed, snuggling under the warm covers. I want to sleep, but the sun is shining through the window. Hmm. That’s strange, I thought to myself. The sun rises in the east, but my bedrooms on the west side of the house, so how can I see the sun…

I sit up with a jolt and look around. Where the hell am I?! I’m in a bedroom, but it is definitely not mine. Instead of clothes scattered over the floor, I see a collection of sport magazines, loose change and empty packets of tic-tacs.  Where I have a bookcase in my room there is an incredibly messy desk covered in loose papers, pens and it has graffiti written all over it. I walk over and look a bit closer at some of the writing engraved in the desk. School sucks. Interesting thought, I guess, but I’m just plain horrified when I read another message, this one saying Boobs are the best gift of the world. There is also a lovely picture of a naked girl who, by the look of her body, should be a porn star. Right. I am either in a boy’s bedroom, or a very disturbing girl’s.

‘What is going on?’ I mutter aloud. My voice sounds weird, almost lower in tone than usual. Maybe I have a cold. I look down at the desk and something catches my eye. On all of the school books, is a very familiar name.

Derek Cahill

Okay, so I’m in Derek’s bedroom apparently, but why am I here?! Did I have an accident last night? No, why would I come here? Did I get drunk and do something (I would later regret) with Derek? I have never gotten drunk in my life, but it is possible, I guess. I realise suddenly how much I need to go to the bathroom. Since I’m not really sure how I got here, or whether I’m even allowed to be here, I tiptoe to the doorway of Derek’s bedroom, than peek out. I see no one and I silently move down the hall. I find the bathroom and walk in. I’m about to sit down on the toilet, when I glance to look at myself in the mirror for the first time this morning. I stop short, frozen in place. Then I start to scream.

Instead of my face looking back at me, I see another face, one that is not mine, but is still very familiar to me. My hair is still long, but instead of going halfway down my back it stops just above my shoulders, and it’s black instead of light brown.  I find green eyes looking back at me in horror, instead of my pale blue ones. And instead of breasts, being where they are meant to be I have…

Nothing.

I’m staring in fear at Derek Cahill.

Only it’s not Derek obviously, it’s me, I think to myself. Despite myself now looking like Derek’s identical twin, I still feel like me. I can’t seem to stop screaming though and I run out of the bathroom so fast I bump into someone in the hall.

‘Watch it!’

I look up to see a girl, about 17, maybe 18, glaring at me. I’m pretty sure it’s Derek’s older sister, but I can’t remember her name. She is still glaring at me.

‘Wait, was that you…screaming?’ Her glare turns into a smirk. Perfect. I totally need this right now.

‘Um...yeah. There was a….spider.’

She snorts at me. ‘How brave you must have been.’

Wow. Derek’s sister is a bitch to him.

‘It just took me by surprise that’s all.’ I defend myself

‘Whatever.’ She pushes past me into the bathroom.

Yikes. Lucky Derek, getting to live with her. I quickly walk back into Derek’s bedroom, remembering the crisis that is currently happening to me.

‘Okay.’ I murmur softly to myself, trying to stay calm.

‘I need to relax. I just…happen to have woken up in Derek’s body.’