Chapter 3

Mark

When I woke up, Viv was walking around the room, looking clueless as ever. I couldn't quite make out what she was saying but it wasn't good. I sat up and Viv stopped, glancing toward me. "What's wrong?" I asked, very concerned. "Nothing," she replied and strode out of the room. I shook off the thought of asking her again so I got up and went to the living room. I unlocked the door, pulling it open. "Where are you going?"

"Home. You can come with me if you want. I can show you around my place."

"At least let me get decent," she giggled. I nodded and sat on the floor, resting against the wall. It seemed like forever, if you could say, until Viv finally came out. "Alright. let's go." I stood and I suddenly felt my face start to burn. I shrugged it off and went out the door, clearing my throat. Our apartments were right next to each other's so it wasn't a long ways away.

{Few hours later, now Vivian}

Mark and I sat on his couch, drinking whatever he had in his fridge; Dr.Pepper and Vodka. "Why exactly do you have this anyways? The Vodka, I mean. Having Dr.Pepper is perfectly explainable." Nervously, I reached over to him and grabbed the bottle. "I do this thing called drunk Mine craft, or did, for that matter. Want a drink?" He asked. I shook my head and took a sip of my Dr.Pepper. "If I'm twenty-four, and you're three years younger than I am, then that means you're twenty-one. So, you're old enough to drink."

"I don't drink, Mark. Never have and never will." I stood up but he pulled me down. "Just have a sip. It wont kill you." Mark nodded reassuringly as I raised the bottle to my lips. I tilted it up and watched as the fluid came rushing into my mouth. I let it pass over my tongue and quickly put the bottle down, coughing. "That is disgusting! How can you drink that stuff?" I shrieked, wiping my mouth. Mark laughed and took the bottle, holding it carefully. "I don't know. You'll get used to it after a while. Maybe you'll have a better chance with a second try." He practically shoved the glass into my hands. I raised it again and braced myself for the oncoming sensation. It burned then it started to..feel good. By the time I put it down, it was half empty. "Wow," Mark mutters. I laugh and let him drink the rest of it. "Mark, did I ever tell you that I love you?"

"Not until just now, no. I love you too."

"No, Mark. I don't mean like friendly love..I mean like..boyfriend girlfriend love, you know?" In all seriousness, I had no idea what I was talking about right then so I went with it anyways. "Really, huh? Prove it." He smirked and licked his lips. "Fine, I will." I leaned close to him and pressed my lips against his. I felt his lips move in sync with mine, our hands combining. After a few seconds, I pulled away, smiling like an idiot. "I don't think I should sleep alone tonight. Can I crash here?" I asked and kissed him on the cheek. "Yeah, sure," Mark answered and stood up, reaching out to me. I took his hand and he pulled me up then put me in his arms, like we had just gotten married and were walking into our new home. He carried me into his bedroom, his arms moving every few seconds. Mark set me onto the bed and I pulled the covers off, sliding onto the bed. He took his shirt off then climbed in next to me, his front against my back. We just laid there in silence, our mouths not moving but our chests were. Suddenly, he spoke up, "Viv, I love you."

"I love you too." That was the last thing I said before falling asleep.