The Hell?!

Where... where am I?

I woke up in a jungle. I have no idea where I am. How did I get here? There are foreign sounds coming from a 360 degree direction. I hear chirping of birds, cooing and hooting from monkeys, croaking of frogs. One sound that brings joy to me s the sound of flowing water. If I have learned anything from Bear Grylls, its that your first priority is to get water... If you don't want to drink your own urine...

I follow the sound of rushing water of the stream. It sounds close for its quite loud. I finally reach the waters edge. A rush of light blue breaks through the shrubbery, the smell of fresh, cool water cools my lungs. There is a white waterfall nearby connecting to the wide channel of water, indicating that its fresh and clean, so I don't have to boil it.

I cup my hands and submerge them in the water. the cold water overwhelms my senses. I hastily pull them out of the stream, and pull them towards my lips. The sensation of the sudden temperature drop shocks my lips, but I don't care, I keep drinking.

I look around to get used to my surroundings when I see a large bush with red berries. Above it is a tall tree with branches spiraling up the trunk, leading to a thick branch that looks very sturdy. Sturdy enough to sleep and live on that is. The spiraling branches remind me of stairs, so I climb them. I finally reach the high branch that I will most likely live on until I escape here.

I take my jacket off and drape it over a sturdy looking twig connected to my living branch. I descend cautiously down the spiraling twigs. I investigate the bush of berries, it seems that the berries are raspberries. This makes me happy as they are my favorite type of fruit.

I grab loads, roughly about 50 berries and I carry them in a palm leaf that I found floating in the stream. I carefully carry them up the branch ladder, I put my hand on the leaf and get a handful of berries to eat.

As the sun begins to set, the sounds of wildlife started to dim. The one sound that didn't stop was the stream and the waterfall. They never stopped. I lay on my branch with my jacket and a couple leaves over me, and I stare up to the stars. I begin to think of my life back with my family and my Angus. I wonder if they even notice i'm missing. no one in my family really liked me other than Liliana. I think about my Angus. I think about his adoring face, and when he was a foal. I wonder if he misses me. I hope so. I look at the moon. Is my Angus looking at the same moon as me? Or am I on a different planet?