fortysix

Don't forget to read the authors note at the end of the chapter, as there is some stuff explained and spoilers.

I fixed my skirt over top of my shirt and slipped my blazer onto my shoulders. I laced up my black high-top converse and headed down to the kitchen.

''You better grab a piece of fruit for breakfast, you don't have enough time for anything else,'' Louise said. Sam hummed in response.

''Are you going to pack a lunchbox today,'' Louise asked sam.

''I'll just get some food from the canteen,'' Sam responded. She picked her books up off the table and dumped them into her bag.

''Seriously Samantha sleeping pills will not help you,'' Louise spoke, dropping the younger
kids lunchboxes on the table.

''I couldn't get to sleep, and I was having bad flashbacks,'' Samantha groaned.

''One of these days, you'll have to learn not to depend on them,'' Louise spoke, glaring at Samantha.

''Look I'm not overdosing on them. I'm fine,'' Samantha said.

''When you take them you become irratible,'' Louise said, speaking the obvious. Louise left samantha standing in the kitchen with her thoughts. She knew what she ended up like after them. She was aware what her friends would say, and how they would judge her.

''Your in no state to walk to school, get in the car,'' Louise called out. Sometimes Louise acted like her father too much. Samantha dragged her feet along with her bag to the car. She got in the front seat. The younger kids knew when to leave samantha alone, and today was one of those days.

Louise dropped samantha at the front gate and left to drop the younger ones off. Samantha groaned and walked in to the school to find her friends. When she found her friends, she prepared herself for the judgement.

''Hey,'' Samantha spoke, trying to hide the drowsiness. Tristen stood next to her, pulling her into his side.

''What do you get up to last night, you didn't respond to my text,'' Katie said.

''I fell asleep, all the homework and exam prep is getting to me, '' she responded, shrugging it off. Tristen eyed her, he knew Sam tried to do as little homework as possible and wouldn't study for exams until the night before.

''Hey I need to talk to you,'' Tristen said, pulling Samantha by the arm away from the group.

''Whats up, did you even actually sleep last night,'' Tristen asked her.

''Of course I did, we all know I can't function on no sleep,'' Samantha said, dropping a fake laugh.

''Thats the thing your spacing out, and not functioning. The only other time you don't function is when you've taken sleeping pills,'' Tristen glared at her.

''Tristen don't,'' Samantha pleaded him.

''Samantha you said you would stop. You're in no state to be here, you need to go home.''

''Tristen I'm fine. It was just one time. I needed them,'' she cried out. He raised her chin.

''Samantha you know you go off on them. Take them again tonight and we won't be able to talk to you tomorrow. Who knows you might overdose again.'' Tristen spoke, growing annoyed.

''Would you all just stop. I'm fine. You don't need to worry,'' samantha balled her fists, tried making the issue at hand sound like nothing. Tristen stormed off. A tear pricked her eye. She wiped her eyes with the backs of her hands.

She wasn't sure if she could go through today. And she wouldn't. Because at that minute in time she had rung her father and told him to come and collect her. Her father was annoyed, but understood his daughters desperation.