5 (final)

He does remember. Every time he sees Sinda wince, every time he sees his hands shake after each kill. He's no one to feel sorry for. The few times he slips, he is met with a cold wall disguised with flirtatious words.
A long day ends and the two head back to Sinda's home. Alex showers, heading to the room that has become his, Sin entering the bathroom soon after. Alex hears the shower turn on as he is getting dressed.
Alex keeps trying to tell himself that Sinda is the villain. The more they hunt, the more he pushes him to hate him, the more vampires he kills. Something is off. Then he gets a call. Old friends of his, having heard about his success, they're coming to visit. He doesn't tell Sinda at first. But he grows more and more worried. They would most likely kill him as soon as they get here.
"There's something I have to tell you." He's nervous, unsure how Sinda will react. He isn't exactly the most calm person. "There are some people, like me, who found me and heard of our hunts. They're coming here." Sinda doesn't do anything at all for a while. He sits simply, quietly, silent.
"I haven't found him yet." He whispers, his fists clenched in his lap. "I I haven't, I still need to find him. Alex, I need you to, to not tell them. Anything, nothing about me, they'll kill me and I still need to, to, Alex I-" His voice dies out and he stands. "No no no no no." Pacing, he walked towards the other side of the living room, knocking a few things over.
"Sin, Sinda hey calm down-"
"Calm DOWN?" His voice roars, cracking in his frustration, "FUCK, you don't understand I can't die until I find him, I need, I need to, God I need to find him and MAKE him say it. I just." Stilling, Sinda stares at the floor. "I want him to say sorry, I just want him to suffer as I have." Getting up, Alex goes over to Sinda but he shoves him away. "Don't look at me, don't fucking touch me I knew you would kill me eventually, one way or another, that tends to happen when hunters come around. I just, I just never thought it'd be so soon. I shouldn't have brought you home. I should have just left you alone like the others but-"
"Sin-"
"I was just so tired of tossed aside." Sinda scowls at Alex, "get out then."
"Wait just a moment-"
"Get out Alex."
"HEY! Let me finish! I'm not going to let anyone kill you Sin for gods sakes you're my friend!" Fists clenched, Alex stares at Sinda waiting for a response.
"Friend? I'm your friend? Alex what the fuck is wrong with you? Befriending a vampire. He's fucking crazy." He begins mumbling to himself head shaking slightly.
"Not just "a vampire," Sinda, you, I like spending time with you, even though you keep trying to scare me away. Kind of dickish of you, but you're still my friend." Alex relaxes and Sinda quirks an eyebrow at him.
"You gorgeous idiot. I mean you know what they say about the pretty ones." A grin is back on his face and Alex pouts. "Remember when we first met? Remember what I told you about pouting those lips of yours?" Sinda flashes Alex a predatory smile as he walks closer. Frowning, Alex tries to remember, not paying attention to Sinda who is a breath away. Cursing his shitty memory Alex looks up about to ask. Sinda's had reached up, gently pulling his head closer, noses brushing. "I said I'd kiss that frown upside down."
Alex stares into his eyes, such a pale bluefish grey, a few golden flecks around the pupil. There's a slight crook in his nose, like it was broken a long time ago. A stubble covers his jaw, framing his lips. He can feel Sinda's shirt in his hands. When did he grasp it? He isn't sure, but he sees the confusion on Sinda's face when he doesn't move away. His dark hair frames his face so well, he notices the free freckles beneath his eyes. Alex realizes how much he wants Sinda to fulfill his promise.
Sinda can't even begin to count the number of freckles that coat Alex's face. There's a mole just below the corner of his jaw that he loves. The darkness of nebulous eyes, capturing the universe in their depths of black. Framed by such pale lashes. His hair silvery, like threads of glass. Red is such a beautiful color on his cheeks, why hasn't he moved away yet? Why was he looking at Sinda with such a hungry look that it made him quake in Alex's arms, a look that made him want to hide and move closer all at once.
Alex kissed him then, once, twice, closer and closer, stealing his breath then giving it back. Sinda realizes he can never have enough of it.
"Sin I won't let them touch you. They won't dare to." His lips were soft, "I-" his hands moved up to Sinda's hair, tangling in the dark curls. "-promise."
"Sorry about, panicking." Sinda's breath shook, lungs refusing to work properly.
"Shh. Don't apologize." He kissed the corners of his mouth, his cheek, his jaw, nuzzling in the crook of his neck with a sigh. "When they come, everything will work out, everything will be fine.