u n e

her hair blew out behind her in the harsh october weather, grown down past her waist

her hair blew out behind her in the harsh october weather, grown down past her waist. it was knotted and messy, but still seemed to move in a way that made her look effortlessly beautiful.

her appearance seemed pure and untouched, smooth skin and rosy cheeks. if you didn't stop to observe the pain in her eyes, you wouldn't even have a clue it was there.

she was running through the woods, her old, battered sneakers pressing into the branches that scattered the ground, hearing them crunch under her touch only made her go faster.

she wasn't exactly sure what she was running from but she knew she didn't want to find out.

just hours before she had been sitting soundly, perched in the thick branches of an aged tree, legs poking out from the dress she wore and swinging carelessly.

then she saw it. her hand started to twitch as it would when something like this would happen. her wrists started to ache all at once, her fingers clenching into fists then relaxing over again. then, her eyes snapped shut and she saw it. the shadowy figure in the sky. she knew she didn't have long, and took off.

now she was here, in the middle of no where - no where she knew at least.

the dog that ran beside her was keeping up, panting. his fur was shaggy and shone under the minimal amounts of sunlight that crept through the trees.

it was silent, and although the small girl was concealed by miles of forest in every direction, she felt exposed and vulnrable.

her breathing was deep and irregular, trying to even itself out as she came to a halt, knowing she was safe enough.

she looked around, taking in her surroundings. she closed her eyes, trying to find herself. then, shooting through her thoughts like blood through her veins, she saw it.

'welcome to hawkins'

she wanted to cry, to run, to scream, to just get away. but her feet stayed planted to the muddy ground. she had to stay. there was something here for her. something she needed to do.

the sheer thought of venturing back into the town that started it all for her was terrifying. this was the town she had been taken to, kept in captivity for 8 years of her life, molded into someone else's toy. but it was obvious, much to her dismay, that this was the town that whatever had started when she was abducted at three and ran away from 2 years ago, was where she needed to be.

she sighed, bent down, wrapped her long, slender and tanned arms around the dog, and lay her head onto his body.