22

Read a book together.

I placed a book on the coffee table. Jungkook looked at me before turning to look at the book I placed down.

"A dictionary?" He blinks and looks up.

"mhm."

"Why are we reading this?"

"To boost your vocabulary." I grinned widely.

"You are really gonna make me read this?"

I nodded and he looks disapprovingly at me.

"This book is so much better..." He trailed off as he makes his way to his room.

"Mrs Choi recommended me this book." He said as he passed me the book.

"But...this is a triller-horror book." I looked at him half surprised, half confused.

He is as innocent as a baby and he wants to read a book this gruesome and bloody?

"No." I said as i hid the book behind me. "You're too young."

"But i want to read that...." He pouts but I shook my head firmly.

"No, for the sake of your innocent mind, you shouldn't read this."

He is still pouting but obeys. He can't do anything since I am determined to hide the book and not letting him read it.

I stood and walked to my room to grab a few story books my mom wrote for me when I was little.

"Here, it might be for children but the books has a very deep meaning to it. It's not like those common children books."

His eyes lit up as he read the title.

"Love in the stars?"

"Yup, this is my favourite one."

He runs to his room and comes out with pillows and blankets. I chuckled at his excitement.

Have a picnic together.

"I want to go for a picnic but it's snowing outside." I sighed in dismay.

"I want to do that so badly."

"What's wrong with that?" Jungkook asks as he stands beside me by the window.

"We stayed for a long time outside when it's snowing. We played in the snow for 2 hours. We went to the sea when it's snowing. So what's wrong with having a picnic outside when it's snowing?"

"Because it's cold when it's snowing." I deadpanned.

"Our food will turn cold."

"Then let's eat fast." Jungkook says as if it's not a problem.

"Well..."

"Let's go." Jungkook as he pulled me into the kitchen to prepare the food.

"It's better not to sit under a big tree in this season."

"Agree."

"Let's eat now while the food is still hot." I said after Jungkook settle the mat on the snow-covered ground.

I baked some simple croissants and cookies, made some sandwiches and hot chocolate.

"I never really tasted the bread you made." Jungkook said as he eyed the croissants.

"Really? You don't sneakily eat some bread in the bakery?" I asked.

"Huh? Isn't that stealing? Do you do that, Younha?"

"Erm, I basically made them. So it's not stealing? hehe." I laughed awkwardly.

Oh, so i'm the only one who secretly eats bread in the bakery?

"Just, eat while it's still hot." I said.

"Younha, you are such a glutton. Eating bread when no one is looking." Jungkook grins cheekily.

"What- where did you learn that word?! I'm not a glutton!"

"The dictionary you gave me."

"Holy cow, you really read that?"

"Yup."

We chat as we finished the breads.

Now, we are sipping on the hot chocolate while playing a game.

"I saw a bird when I was walking around..." I started.

"I went up to the bird and found out that it was injured..." He continued.

"Since I'm a good person, I decided to pick up the injured bird and plan to cure it..."

"But as I walk, i tripped over a stone and squished the bird." I stared at Jungkook with my mouth open.

"What?" He smiles innocently.

"What?" I blink repeatedly and shook my head.

"Nothing. So, I, erm, got up and saw that the bird is dead"

"I looked down my clothes and saw the bird's blood on it."

"I touched it and drew a bird on the ground with the blood."

The hell, where is this story going?

"Let's stop, this is getting weird." I said.

I finished my drink and stared up at the sky while hugging my legs.

I reached out my hand for some snowflakes to fall on it. I watched as the snowflake gracefully sways in the air, it slowly landed on my palm and dissolves on my hand. I closed my palms to feel the coldness until I cant feel it anymore.

I looked at Jungkook as I rested my temple on my knee. I don't know when he will disappear. May be later, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. Who knows?

Every minute, I am wishing and praying for him to stay. To make the time stop. I don't want my happiness to disappear.

How can I live without Jungkook? He made everything better. I don't know how I will go on without Jungkook.

There will be no one to knock on my door repeatedly to wake me up, whose smile is enough to brighten my day. There will be no more Jungkook who will finish up my food, who will walk with me to school, who will study with me. There's no more Jungkook who will work with me in the bakery.

There's no more Jungkook in the future.

I didn't realise tears are already flowing down my cheeks. I turn my head ti another way so Jungkook wouldn't notice me crying.

My heart feels so heavy. It's hurting so much like someone's clenching it.

I quickly wiped away my tears when Jungkook spoke up.

"Now that we finished your ideal date list, let's make another one!"

"Sure."

"I'll go get some paper." I watched as Jungkook ran back to the house.

I decided to clean up while waiting for him.

It's been 5 minutes and he is still not back yet. It took us barely 2 minutes to get here.

My eyes suddenly widen and my heart leaps.

No...he can't be. I stood up and hurriedly ran back to the house.

No...no...no...

My mind became blank when I saw Jungkook's unconscious body lying on the floor.

This can't be.