Not Done Yet:

Folks have known the tale of "The Neverending Story" where the meek Bastian Balthazar Bux had read into a mysterious book. Within the text, a brave young warrior named " Atreyu",had gone on a heroic quest to find a cure for the dying Childlike Empress while defeating the threatening storm called "The Nothing". Meanwhile, Others have known of Bastian's cousin, Sarah Williams. Two years after his adventure, she had saved her baby half-brother, Toby, from the wicked Goblin king, Jareth. With the help of her fellow companions, Hoggle, Ludo, Sir Didymus and Ambrosius, Sarah was more than able accomplish her goal.

Truly it seemed that everything had turned out fine for the two humans as they made new friends while learning valuable life lessons. Yet, three months following Jareth's defeat, Sarah, Bastian and their companions soon found their journeys to be more than over.

....

At Ridgemont High, there was to be a talent show in the upcoming months. Unfortunately for everyone involved, September was proven to be a busy time as the judges for the tryouts had to share the auditorium with the theatre staff at the same time. Naturally, the room was packed with countless of students. Including Sarah who was trying to get a role in the school play. Reading the script, she acts out the best she could when she was suddenly interrupted by the jeering of a group of teens nearby.

"Hey look!", exclaimed a boy, "Joseph's here!"

The kids laughed at the poor 15-year-old lad as he came in to be a contestant of the talent show. The folly of his peers went on until one girl smacked him upside the head, chuckling, "So, freak, what brings you here?"

Joseph looked at the crowd in shyness with a dash of annoyance as he spoke, "I'm...I'm doing a magic trick for the show."

"Ooooh!", the group mocked as they made merry out of the boy's expense.

"Seriously? Who would want to see that? You are not David Copperfield!"

"Yeah, man, you ain't worth a-"

"I'd like to see it, Joseph.", Sarah interrupted with sincerity. Upon her words, the others found themselves indifferent. "Sarah,", the main girl started, "are you serious? If anything, this dweeb here is a poor man's Houdini."

"I thought the same once.", Sarah looked down at the ground until she brought her blue eyes back up, "But now I know better. Joseph's is someone special."

One boy scoffed, "You used to be so cool, you know that? Come on, guys." he lead the malicing group away from the young pair. Leaving a timid and embarrassed Joseph to have Sarah as company. "Are you alright?", she inquired as he backed away, "I-Is this a joke?"

"No, Joseph. Not this time."

"But how can I be-"

"Joseph Persi,", a teacher approached them, "you're up."

The lad shook his head nervously and looked at Sarah. "You'll do fine.", she said to him. Giving Joseph an ounce of confidence as he smiled a little. Once he got on stage he began to speak to the disinterested crowd. "Hello everyone. For tonight, I'd like to perform the mystical act of illusion. The act of strange endeavors in which, ladies and gentlemen, I present unto you the floating ball!"

With a wave of his hands, his palms produced a clear sphere. Once Sarah saw this, she could not help but feel a sense of deja vu. "A crystal?", she thought to herself, " How did he do that?"