Chapter 2

Riley's P.O.V.

I got out of my car and walked into the school, earning a couple of different looks. The guys were giving me googly eyes and the girls were staring daggers at me. To be honest, it kind of builds my self-esteem to know that these girls are jealous of me. But the staring made me feel rather uncomfortable. I walked to my locker and as soon as I opened it, four blondes came up behind me and slammed it shut.

"Stupid Brit", they laughed. Yup, that was my nickname at this school: “Brit”. I truly hate them all. They’re all blonde.

I walked to my first block class, science.

"Ah, Miss Matthews! Please come and take a seat!" Mr. Barnes exclaimed.

I looked around the room. There was only one seat left and it was next to the hot rich boy, Zayn Jacobs. As soon as I was about to sit down, someone shoved me and I fell onto the floor. I looked up to see who pushed me and saw Nala Smith. She was everything a female wanted to be. She had a curvy body with a great figure. She was Zayn's girlfriend. She was pretty much the girl version of Zayn; rich and snobby and always getting what she wants. I guess snobby little rich kids attract.

"Oops", she laughed.

Everyone in the class laughed with her. My face started to get hot and red. I got up, grabbed my bag, and walked to one of the single desks in the back. During the whole lesson, I silently cried to myself. I think Zayn saw me, but I didn't care.

The rest of the day was horror-filled. In gym, the blondes cut holes in my clothes, poured lotion in my book bag, and tripped me on the field. Then it was time for lunch. I knew it would only get worse.

As I walked to get my food, I felt all eyes on me. I quickly grabbed a sandwich and tried to leave since there was nowhere to sit.

"Hey Brit!", someone yelled.

All of a sudden, there was gravy, milk, and mashed potatoes all over my body. The whole cafeteria started to laugh. I felt so embarrassed that I started to cry. I got up and ran outside; I kept running until I got to my car.