Chapter 27

Riley’s P.O.V.

“Well everything is here and ready, all we need is the guess” Amy sighed.

“I’m going to go and get changed.” I smiled, and went upstairs.

I stopped at Ben’s room. I didn’t know if I had the strength to walk in there. Not now, not today at least. I walked to my room and closed the door. I changed into a simple off the shoulder black dress. I opened the door, and Harry was standing there.

“Harry, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I just wanted to make sure that you are okay.” he smiled.

For some reason, Harry didn’t look the same. He walked back down the steps. I walked into Mother’s room. The mess was still there. I walked around. I looked in the drawers. I wasn’t sure on what I was looking for. Then I found a letter addressed to me. It was from dad.

Dear Riley,

I know how hard you have been taking this divorce. Your mother has told me. I was unaware of how my departure affected you. I’m so sorry. I wish I could come back, but I’m rather afraid that it will open up more wounds. Ben has written a letter to me. Telling me about how you don’t like this new school. In about 5 years, I will be able to take you back to London. I have sent $100,000 to you. I know that this will not make you completely forgive me, but I’m hoping that it is a start. I want you to know that I love you, and I always will.

Love, Dad

This letter was written in 2009. He said in five years, he will come and get me. Wait...that means that he was supposed to be coming this year. I felt my eyes water up.

“Riley...honey” I heard a familiar voice call me. I turned around to see Mother standing in the doorway.

“Why didn’t I get this letter 5 years ago?” I asked. She looked at the letter in my hand.

“Riley, I didn’t want you to go back into depression…”

I got angry.

“WHAT THE HELL MOTHER!? SINCE WHEN DO YOU DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR ME? WHAT’S BEST FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, IS TO GET THE HELL OUT, AND DON’T COME BACK! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONEY?” I yelled. She looked down.

“I used it to get me a plane ticket to London…”

“YOU USED MY MONEY TO GET A PLANE TICKET TO LONDON?! HOW COULD YOU!? YOU ARE MY MOTHER! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH YOU! EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED IN MY LIFE HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU! I HATE YOU! I BLOODY HATE YOU! GO TO HELL!” I yelled.

Zayn and Harry ran into the room. Zayn held me by my waist.

“Please leave” Harry asked.

Mother walked out of the room. Seconds later, I heard the front door close.