Twenty-two

I rushed to the lab, where she was supposed to be.

As soon as i reached the place, she was standing there worriedly with her phone onto her ear.

She was calling someone but unfortunately the person didn't pick her call up which makes her frustrated and worried so much. I peeked into the lab and saw the paper beside the scanner, in front of her.

"Damn it!" She groaned and slammed her phone slightly onto the desk and walked away in anger.
I waited until one minute, just to make sure she's gone for real.

"Maybe she's gone now"

Seokjin told me and i slowly walked into the lab, tiptoeing trying to not make any sounds and looked at the paper.

"This is it. Why did she take it?" i asked Seokjin but he shrugged, telling me he don't know either. I tried to take the paper but it was locked in a file, makes it even difficult to take it out. The file was complicated.

Suddenly her phone rang, and showed an unsaved contact. Only phone number was written there. I stuttered and afraid, rushing to take the paper out.

Seokjin stared down to the phone until he spoke up. "This number is familiar" He said under his breath.

"If only you can help me now" i groaned and decided to take the file away but i heard footsteps, the heels sound and cancelled my plan as i ran out from there, leaving Seokjin inside the lab, still staring down.

"Seokjin" i whispered and caught his attention. Right at the moment, Mrs Nami came in and walked through Seokjin to get the paper and her phone.

Seokjin gasped loud, placing his hand onto his chest. "It feels different. Heavy, dull, and.. complicated" He mumbled then looked at me.

Quickly, he went toward me and whispered "I felt something when she walked pass me. The number, it was familiar. My mind is messed up, i started to remember something but it is complicated, i can't"

While he was saying it, Mrs Nami walked toward my direction as i quickly ran away along with Seokjin.

"Are u okay?" I asked him when we were far enough to escape. "Hold on" He panted and trembled then fell onto the ground.

"I remembered a pair of hands pulling me back down, forcing me, killing me"

"You can recall what happened back then?"

"I think so" He nodded and rested his back by the wall for a moment.

At the moment, my eyes caught something stared at me for a while. It was the red ghost, Seokjin's sister, Cheongi.

"Wait here. Dont go anywhere" i ran to chase after her but she disappeared, walking away from me.

"Cheongi!" I shouted, makes her stopped.

"Help me" She cried again. I gulped down my throat, ready to receive and types of jumpscare.

"Yes i want to. But how? Who killed you??"

She turned around and faced me. Her condition was terrible, just like always.

"Believe or not, the person is the one.
Always there by you, but you never realised it.
The person wears a mask, covering the face of guilt.
The face of a killer.
By knowing how he dies, you will know who is it"

She smiled creepily before she disappeared for real, leaving me there alone.

I got chills down on my spine when she sang it with her own melody.

"Someone by my side all this time? who is it?"

•••

I walked back to Seokjin and kneeled down next to him. "Please, try at least to remember how u died. There must be any clues"

Just like how Cheongi sang, by knowing how Seokjin dies can bring me to the conclusion.

"I told you, it was blank and everything was the end for me" Seokjin said with both eyebrows narrowed, holding his headache.

"anything, just anything"

"Just now i remembered pain around here" He said, showing his arm. "Turn it a bit" i said, showing how to do it using my finger.

My eyes grew bigger when i saw a mark, more to red and a syringe needle mark.