Chapter 13

+Mat+

He actually did it.

He shot himself. Just to kill the demon.

Nathan Smith.

A name forever burned in my heart. He was so amazing. I can't believe he did this.

Today was his funeral. And I was giving a speech. I'm not ready.

"Mat... it's time."

I sighed and nodded. I followed Mark out. My paper in my trembling hands. I stood in front of everyone and cleared my throat.

In front of me, were Nathan's closet friends and family. Many of which I hadn't met until today.

"Friends, family, we are gathered here today to mourn the passing of our beloved Nathan Smith. He was an absolutely amazing man. He did many amazing things. He had an amazing voice, played guitar so perfectly, and could make anyone laugh within seconds of meeting him. It's tragic knowing the way he passed, but Nathan would want us to remember the happiness he brought us all," I paused and wiped my tears. "He would want us to remember the impact he had on all of us. The smiles he would bring to our faces. The jokes he would say. Now, not everyone knows this, but Nathan and I were engaged. We were supposed to get married after we found a place to live and had enough money saved up for a wedding. Now it won't happen but I will forever wear his ring around my neck. As well as mine on my finger." More tears. "He... He was the most amazing person in the world. Nate shouldn't have gone so soon. You shouldn't have left us Nate... Why'd you have to go..?" I began bawling.

After I walked away, more like ran, i screamed out.

"Why?!"