Chapter 21: Rescue

Sabrina's POV
"Cmon please pick up," I mumbled quickly pacing out of the corn field. To my relief I heard a hello?
"Ava!" I screamed, "I've been kidnapped!"
I told Ava the whole story and about Knox, how someone needed to find the nurse that was going to take him off of life support.
"Where are you?" She asked.
"I don't know," I answered honestly ," we left from Chris's house an hour ago."
I looked around for a house to go inside. It was so cold. I was finally out of that cornfield. Next I called the police and told them what I had told Ava.
"We normally tell people to stay where they are," the dispatcher said ," but since Chris isn't dead, he may come find you so you need to find somewhere to hide, we'll track your coordinates and send help."
  I started down the old country road past cornfields and old barns, when I spotted a two story house with lights on. I began jogging towards the house and started knocking on the door.
"Please help!" I screamed.
A middle aged woman answered the door.
"I've been kidnapped," I cried.
The woman pulled me inside and put me under blankets and gave me a cup of coffee. I stared out the window waiting for help, when I saw a figure. I looked a little closer and it was Chris. I ducked and ran to the kitchen where the woman was.
"My kidnapper is coming." I whispered.
"Go upstairs and hide in the closet," she said. I ran upstairs and stuffed myself behind coats and broomsticks. I could still hear what was going on below. He knocked on the door a few times and then busted in. I could hear the woman scream.
"Have you seen the girl?!" He screamed.
"What girl?" She said.
"Nice try liar, I know she's here." Then I heard a gunshot. I gasped, but not too loudly as tears rolled down my cheeks. Was this the end? I heard footsteps come up the stairs and go in the room next door. I tried to stay as quiet as I could. Then I heard him enter the room with the closet I was in. My heart beat so loud, I thought he might hear it. Through the cracks of the closet door, I saw him kneel down and look under the bed. He had blood all over him, but mostly his face. Then he turned his face looking directly towards the closet. I began to silently cry as he got up slowly and started towards the closet. He pressed his hand on the doorknob and began to turn it when I heard something. It was sirens. He must have heard them too and turned his head towards the window. Instead of opening the closet, he darted down stairs and I didn't hear him after that. I was too scared that he might still be down there so I waited until I heard the police come through the doorway, then I busted out of the closet and came down stairs. To my relief, the woman who took me in was only shot in the arm, and the paremedics were wrapping it in gauze. They still took me to the hospital to make sure the babies were fine from the car crash, they were as good as new. My dad came to visit me and he started crying when he first saw me.
"I'm so sorry for pressuring you into Chris like that," he sobbed, which I had never seen him do in his life except the time mom had left us.
"It's ok dad, it's not your fault," I said hugging him back.
Ava and Carter came to visit me too. The police came by and told me Chris had fled the scene, and they never found him. Soon enough I was out of the hospital by the end of the day and I went to Ava's house for a 'Sabrina is still with us' party.  The whole school came, but to my happiness, there was no drinking or people making out in the corners, it was natural laughter and cake.

Ava's POV
Someone caught my eye at the party. I turned around to see Chelsea. She didn't dress like a hooker, she was wearing jeans and a t shirt. She saw me too and I walked over to her.
"I'm really sorry that I kissed Justin and took him from you," I said sheepishly.
She laughed.
"It's ok, I never liked him anyway, I was just dating him to get on your nerves," she responded. "I'm really glad Sabrina's ok." She said glancing towards her.
"Me too," I responded. We hugged then walked over to Sabrina.
"You can have Justin if you want," Chelsea said.
"Nah, he's kind of a hoe," I said laughing.