Chapter One

Another sigh escaped the full lips of a man in distress, he sat in his car, staring at the wheel with a flexed brow. Again his phone rang, his fiancee, his best friends, his manager and his mom, all calling. He didn't mean to sound selfish, being in a band with 4 other guys doesn't always mean they all share the same weight on their shoulders. Because unlike them, he's getting married.

He remembers why he proposed, sure it was small and not too romantic but him and Perrie's relationship wasn't based on romance. It was based on the state of comfort Zayn needed, and what she gave him. 10 months ago he remembers why he had bought the ring, why he bent down to one knee and why he loved her. He remembered what he was thinking while he did, he remembers saying, "You give me a companion, a sense of comfort that I want to have for the rest of my life."

"Perrie Edwards..."

"Will you marry me?"

Those words echoed in his head, they have been for a while now. They began to settle and fester like a stinging blister. But what Zayn felt hurt the most was when he came to dark thoughts of his marriage, the girl he wanted to love and spend the rest of his life with, his life and career, was simply a spurious business transaction.

It turned his stomache, made him sick to know that he could think that, because Perrie would never do that. Right?

Stepping out the car, he secured the baseball cap onto his head, not caring if it flatten his soft hair, he just didnt want to be seen. For once, he just wanted to be able to normal. But it wasn't once, was it? He was born normal, but worked his way up to his fame. Something he sometimes regretted.

"Fuck." He muttered, looking at the tire of his car. Zayn knew the anatomy of a pencil and comb better than he did a car, especially a foreign. He gave it a long look before sitting of the curb, pressing his head again the clean black paint of the car, it cooled his warm forhead, subsiding the anger flustering up.

The tire had a giant bubble that has popped within the rubber, making it an eyesore as well as flat. Looking at the broken tire he contemplated what he should do, he didn't know where exactly he was, looking around he knew it wasn't a major city.

Standing, he walked around the car, opening the trunk and sighing, this was were the spare was supposed to be. But he didn't find a jack. Nothing, just an empty trunk. "Why did I pick you again?" He muttered, slamming the trunk closed before pressing himself against the car.

Passing peole gave him a glance or two, but continued going on. "Hey," Zayn raised his head a little, his eyebrows tilted and lip a bit puckered as if he was pouting. "Are you okay?" Eyeing the girl infront of him, he looked for any sign of him or his bandmates on her, but no. "Sir?"

Not a day over 16, Zayn inspected the soft features of her face. The thin corners of her mouth turned into a natural smile as her full lips stayed straight, without a readable emotion. Her hair was in waves, reminding him of fern leaves as the wind blew her hair from behind an onto her shoulder. "My tire." He said quietly, her eyes glanced at the tire for a moment.

"Don't you know how to change a tire?" She mused, her lips turned fully upright in a smile but his lack of response made it fade. "You don't knw how to change a tire?" She asked flatly, making Zayn cringe a bit. "Do you even know what type of car this is?"

Zayn nodded, "Audi 2000." He felt a sense of accomplishment, wanting to charm the girl, or atleast redeem his dignity a bit.

Nodding, she moved closer to him, her hand landing on his chest making a blush feather across his smooth cheeks. Stepping back, he thought she'd apologize but a wave of embarrassment flooded through him as she had politely pushed him back off the trunk. "I-I looked in there!" He chimed, but she pushed the trunk door before digging her finger into the felt of the car interior and pulled the fabric up, revealing a fresh tire, a jack and 5 bolts.