Chapter 12

-AK Pov-

So tryouts start today after school. Nay dragged me by my ear. She wasn't playing when she said she would drag my ass.

This is the first time I let someone drive my car. While I got changed I had Janay go and get Imani because I wanted her to watch daddy tryout.

I love Imani with everything in me. Hell I'm even falling for Janay. When I say I'm falling - I'm falling hard.

I haven't had a problem with Tasha popping up, but she been calling and texting. How I know? 'Cause Nay always have my phone or Imani have it. I don't really care because I don't have nothing to hide from her.

We may not be together, but I'm working on getting my shit together first, then asking her to be my girl. I see myself ten years from now with her.

I know we haven't known each other that long, but it feels like it. When you see her, you see me. When you see me, you see her.

I walked out the locker room to see Nay holding Imani. I walk toward them.

"Hey daddy baby." I said kissing Imani all over her face.

"Nigga get your lips off my baby." Nay said. I mugged her.

"You mad I'm giving your kisses away baby momma?" She rolled her eyes.

"Boy bye!"

"Give me a kiss first." I said wiggling my eyebrows. She laughed.

"Who said I want you to kiss me?"

"I did. Now gimme them lips." I said. She shook her head no.

"Imani mommy don't love daddy no more." She hit me on the arm.

"Don't lie to her."

"So you do love me?"

"Hell no nigga!" I was a little hurt by that I'm not gone lie. She laughed.

"I'm kidding boy. Don't take it to the heart." She said. She was about to peck my cheek, but I turned my head and our lips connected. I pulled her closer. A nigga wanted some tongue action.

I was just about to get it 'til Imani put her hand between our lips. We pulled away looking at Imani she was laughing.

"LET'S GO! BRING Y'ALL ASSES TO THE FEILD! " The coach yelled.

"Go show them whatcha got daddy." Nay said with a wink. I shook my head laughing. I handed Imani to Nay and jogged toward the field.

We were all standing around listening to the coach talk.

"Y'all will run three laps, 50 push ups, 20 sit ups, 35 suicides, and then 30 jumping jacks. After you have completed that we will come back to the field practicing some runs, throwing, kicking, and play a game. All this will determine if you make the team or not by the end of the week. Am I clear?" We all nodded.

"What I can't hear you?!"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now get to work." He yelled.

This gone be a long day.

After tryouts we were able to go home, but we had to meet everyday this week to practice. Coach don't play I know that.

It was after 6 when we were able to leave. Nay walked over handing me a water and a towel. A nigga was sweaty as fuck. I need a good ass shower.

"Let's go a nigga tired, sweaty, and hungry." I said.

"What you want to eat?" Nay asked.

"Whatever you make is fine."

"I never said I was cooking."

"Well I'm implying it woman."

"Well I'm not doing it!"

"If you do you can get some of all this." I said doing a body roll in the chair. She cracked up. But got serious.

"So I'm saying tho you want Chicken? Spaghetti? Pork Chops? What?" She asked fast as fuck. I bust out laughing.

"That's a damn shame. It take for you to get some dick in order to cook for me?"

"Nah I'm playing I was gone cook anyways. I'm tired of eating out." I nodded she not the only one. I'm not gone lie Nay can cook her ass off.

"Yes!" I said happily. She giggled. Oh how I love this girl right here. She a nigga best friend.

When we got to my house. Nay put Imani in her swing while she went to start cooking. I went to go shower.

An hour later I was stepping out the shower. I wrapped my towel around my waist.

I slipped on some boxers, sweats, and a wife beater. Nay ass should be done cooking by now. I wonder what she made.

I walk downstairs to see Nay putting something in a pot. When Imani seen me she reached her hands out.

"Hey daddy baby. You miss me?" She smiled showing her gums. I kissed her cheeks. I know I'll be shooting niggas off her when she get older. I don't play bout my baby.

"You need to stop picking her up 'cause she gone think I'll be doing the same and I'm not with that shit." Nay said.

"Girl hush and mind your business."

"She is my business."

"Me too." I stated.

"Whatever playboy." She said turning around facing the pot. Whatever she cooking smelled good as hell.

"What you cooking baby?" I asked fixing me some water.

"Some spaghetti with Italian sausage and garlic bread." I nodded.

When the food was finished bae fixed my plate then hers. She made Imani a bottle. We were sitting around the table eating and talking.

"So when exactly are you planning on getting out the game?"

"I don't exactly know. But it will be soon." She nodded.

"I really think you could make it playing football. You said it's your dream, so might as well make it come true. You can't do what you do now all your life you need a Plan B."

"Yeah, I know."

"So say you get a scholarship playing football. What is your Plan B exactly?"

"To be honest, I was going to get a degree in business. I want to open a barber shop and a few other places." I said.

"That sounds good. As long as you have a Plan B, then you should be good." I nodded.

"When you make it big don't forget about us." She said laughing.

"I'm not you two are going to be right there with me."

"Whaaaat?" I laughed.

"Baby you know I'm working on me and getting my shit together. Don't act like you don't know this already. We in this together. If I fuck up or step out of line. That's where you come in to put me in my place and knock some since in my head." I was being honest. I really see myself with her. I can't just leave them behind for some hoes or groupies or when I make it big.