Chapter 6

Disappointing chapter ahead, beware

CHAPTER 6

"Charlotte Collins." Cameron called with a grin the moment he saw her at his door. "How did you find me?"

She half smirked, letting herself in. "You don't wanna know." She'd chosen a figure-hugging black dress that showed off and emphasized her every curvy, and whose cleavage was deep enough for his eyes to wander off and his lips to be bitten. Charlotte could barely hide her smirk. Well, at least she'd scored point. Hopefully she'd be just as successful with the rest.

"Gory writer and pro stalker." Cameron mused, closing the door. "I like that."

Charlotte cracked a small smile, taking in her surroundings. His apartment was nothing like she'd imagined. As little as she knew him, she'd expected it to be full of pictures and weird stuff, instead, it was pretty common. Couch in the middle of the room, flat TV in front of it, kitchen in the corner, a desk by the window behind the couch, full of papers, drawings and other stuff scattered around.

What she liked the most was the library behind the TV, which covered half wall. Her attentive eye didn't miss that a whole shelf had been reserved to her books. He had them all, even the newest one that had been release just a week after they'd met.

Trying to clean up as best as he could, Cameron wondered: "So ... what brings you here? I thought the deal was that you call me and I-"

"I'm not here for the sex." She cut him off, then turned around, a small smirk playing on her lips. "Well, that might come later ... hopefully ..." she bit her lips, checking him up from tip to toe. What was it with this guy? He was irresistible even when in full home attire. Since when were sweat and a pizza-stained t-shirt sexy?

"Then ... what is it?" Cameron asked, trying to conceal his hopes but at the same time trying not to stare too much at her. That dress was a knock-out, the only chance to ignore it was to think of something else, like the project he was working on.

Charlotte wasn't keen on lingering, though. She'd wasted even too much time, she thought. Hence, she strolled to him and, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, she pulled him into her, gluing their bodies. "I've made up my mind." She claimed, biting his bottom lip sensually.

Taken off guard, he remained still, unsure what to think. "You have?" He blinked his eyes.

Chuckling, she trailed kisses along his jaw. He was sexy when in hot stud mode, but so very cute when dumbfounded. Cameron Parker was many thinks, Charlotte had realized in the little time they'd spent together. He could be sexy as hell with his decisive manners, but also lovely and cute when he was in goofy mode; he was clever yet naïve sometimes, a hot stud yet also somewhat insecure at times, a sexy nerd yet also a bit of a sportsman. Cameron Parker was many, many things altogether. And, Charlotte realized, she liked him exactly that way.

"Time to move on." She claimed as she kissed him deeply.

Still somewhat dizzy, Cameron slowly slid his arms around her, and kissed her back. Charlotte smiled against his lips when she noticed how he progressively gained confidence. He may not be perfect, but he sure was a perfect match for her.

When his hands finally slid along her curves, Charlotte felt tingles all over her spine, and a weird churning in her stomach. The same she felt more and more lately every time he touched her. It was happening, she knew it was. She was falling.

It was a slippery slope, it could be dangerous, and hard, and full of complications, but ... was it that bad? As Cameron slowly guided her towards the bedroom, and she peeled off his t-shirt, Charlotte realized, all those years, she'd kept on fleeing something that she thought would make her weak, while instead, it only made her stronger.