P

"well, well. Look who it is, if it isn't Akabane Karma" Karma sneered as Takuya gently nudged his chin with his foot, making him scowl as he continued to struggle to get out of the 2 buffoons' vice-like grips.

"I heard that you recently humiliated my guys" 

"eh? Did I? as far as I know, they were the ones who blocked my way" Karma's gaze fell on the knife that Takuya just brandished out of its pocket, his metallic golden orbs not even showing a hint of astonishment nor fear. Just a smug look which wasn't erased by the sight of the weapon hovering over his face in a taunting manner.

"I always wanted to knock some sense into your head brat. I can't believe that it's finally happening in my way" 

"if you want to do that, go ahead. You're babbling too much" Takuya snarled, raising his knife to permanently carve a malicious grin on his face when suddenly, a piercing scream resonated through the isolated alley.

"get your hands off that red head!"

All 4 of them stared at the 5 feet female who was running towards their direction, maniacally swinging a pole from left to right.

"back off! Back off or else I'll beat your head into a pulp!" she swung the pole towards the direction of the hooligans who are busy holding Karma down, forcefully making them release him and scurry away.

"I called the cops you futureless thugs!" she yelled in a loud yet trembling voice whilst she glared at the guys, trying her best to look as intimidating as ever when Takuya suddenly sent a flying kick towards her direction, throwing her pole and her courageous facade on the far side of the alley.

Stunned upon the fate of her one and only weapon, she blinked as she took a step back; her grey eyes filled with fear and dread whilst she glanced at the sides, trying her best to create an escape plan and disregarding her bleeding palm that must've been caused by her weapon.

Karma stared at her face with utmost amusement. He never saw that girl before. Not once in his 11 years of life and yet, here she is. Foolishly risking herself to save a stranger from these 3 bulky goons.

Brave? It sounds more like a very stupid thing to do.

He stood up and grabbed Takuya's collar, sending a punch hurtling down his face as he kicked his 2 guys on the ground, an action that started the serious fight between both parties, missing and hitting, exchanging blow after blow.

A blood curdling grin formed on Karma's face whilst he continued to punch Takuya leisurely, mustering his full strength that increased every time his fist collided with that face. The overwhelming feeling of desire filled him. he couldn't really explain why, but beating this guy up after he humiliated him felt terribly invigorating.

He felt the girl's horrified gaze bore a hole on him as he nonchalantly took the pole that she dropped and hovered it over his face, a crazed smile on his lips "any last words?"

"red haired mister!" he heard the girl exclaim, followed by the sensation of frail hands gripping his arm in a foolish attempt to stop him from diving a pole straight into Takuya's eye. 

"please. You can't do that" 

"and what makes you think that I can't?" 

"you'll be like them" he smirked at the girl's childish logic, still entertained by her words and actions.

"I don't need to. I'm worst than them" he raised his arm, about to stick the pole in when the warm arms that held his shoulder surrounded him. 

he flinched at the feeling of her diving her face into his back as she tightened her hold, still refusing to let him injure the guy.

"get up and leave" she ordered, determination heard in her voice. 

"I'll try to hold him off" hold HIM off? She's lucky that she managed to catch his interest by being stupid. If that wasn't the case then, she would've been carelessly thrown on the other side of the alley.

He just stared at the guys as they followed her orders, hurriedly limping away from the place and enduring the pain that they got from the injuries that they sustained.

"you can let go of me now. they already left" the girl flinched and inhaling his strawberry like scent, broke the hug by taking a step back. she watched him turn to get his bag, her cheeks flushing red at the memory of her hugging him.

"a-are you okay?" her innocent yet endearing voice captured his attention as he slung his bag over her shoulder. 

"that was idiotic for someone like you to get involved" 

"but you were- you were in trouble" 

"a trouble that you would be in if I wasn't well enough to fight back" he glanced at her "you're going to end up in serious trouble if you continue to act rashly like that" "wait. You-" "learn how to not get into someone else's business" "but-"

"are you naive or just plain dumb?" she stared at the ground, a bit insulted by the lad's offensive question. 

"how can you just do this to a stranger?"

 "you needed my help" 

"you're not scared?" 

"I was" she bit her lower lip and stared at him with stubborn determination. "but no one can do it other than me"

Karma smirked at her logic then walked away only to be annoyed by the girl's persistent calls. He sighed. what does she want anyways? A thank you? A compliment? She's seriously getting her hopes up if she thinks that he'll say things like that.

He continued to make his way towards his home, ignoring the girl when someone suddenly grabbed his wrist, making him turn around in utter irritation that instantly dissipated when he met those large uncanny thundercloud grey orbs that were oozing with concern. She reached out, placing a small band aid on his cheek "you-you were ble-bleeding"

Raindrops fell.

The sound of water hitting the pavement intensified.

Karma stared at the frail girl before him as his heartbeat quickened into a faster pace.

He just met his first love.