chapter 3

"you-you dropped your pen" Karma stared at White, his heart beating at the sight of her smile as she glanced at the pen then at him.

"Oh! I recognize you! You're the red-haired mister!" her hand instantly went to his cheek, making him yelp in shock "what are you-?" "did your bruise heal already?"

She's just not too nonchalant about skin ship, isn't she?

A bit flustered, he managed to nod at her question "uh yes, it-it did. Months ago, to be honest. but how about you? You were bleeding too" 

she nodded then cocked her head in a manner that implied curiosity whilst she extended her hand towards him with a cheery expression "It has a scar but I'm fine now. anyways, My name's White Tomlinson. You?"

He opened his mouth, about to tell her when someone grabbed her by the shoulder "WHITE-SAN! Where were you?! We're late for physics!" her eyes widened as she allowed the girl to yank her to another direction, still waving and yelling good bye to the red-haired lad.

"see you around red-haired mister!"

'red haired mister!'

Red haired mister...

Even though the name sounds a bit weird, that was a name that never failed to force a smile on his lips. 

He gazed at the girl whose hands were shoved deep into her pockets, her earphones still tightly lodged on her ears. 

She's nothing like the girl that he expected her to be when they met each other 4 years ago.

Was it really her?

From head to toe, all Karma could see was the naive girl who tried to break the fight with a pole. But there's still some doubt left in him. he's still engulfed with their memories.

Was it that easy to forget that event? he shook his head vigorously in response to his own question. 

It was a near death experience plus, she got injured because of that. he saw her wound that day and it was bleeding badly. It even left a scar on her palm.

He gazed at her when an idea suddenly popped into his head and before he even knew it, he was already taking long strides towards her direction.

White sighed, feeling tired at the thought of going to school. She never did like going to school (not that she thinks she needs it) she only goes there to complete her days of required attendance to get her diploma.

So far, it wasn't that bad. No one dared to come near her and waste her time.

A strong hand suddenly grabbed hers, preventing her from taking another step farther. 

She glared at the red-head who also bothered her yesterday as she felt him push the sleeve of her sweater up, revealing her bare palm.

Karma's gaze bore on the small yet visible scar on her palm, the sight confirming all his suspicions. He averted her gaze towards White's annoying features.

What happened to her?

"Dwarf-chan, I don't think it's nice to go around walking with your headphones on maximum volume" she took her headphones off, still gazing at Karma in a repulsed manner.

"I also don't think it's nice to go around grabbing strangers' wrists" she yanked her wrist out of his grip as he grinned at her 

"we're no strangers though" 

"I'm sorry to inform you this but being a classmate doesn't guarantee instant friendship" she walked away, only to be followed by him as he began peppering her with endless questions that she doesn't really answer.

Where are you going? What music are you listening to? Aren't you going to buy a uniform? White shut her eyes in pure irritation. This guy sounds too dense to understand.

"I don't mean to be frank however, you don't look like you're getting the hint" she turned to face him, only to be greeted by the sight of him smiling whilst he offered her strawberry milk.

"I noticed you going in and out the cafe for some coffee. You better switch to this Dwarf-chan. It'll help you with your height" she coldly walked past him, not even bothering to give a backward glance.

"Dwarf-chan!" 

"I don't accept drinks from-!" she was interrupted by him suddenly shoving a straw into her mouth. He smirked cockily 

"I told you, didn't I? I'm no stranger"