Chapter 1

"hey, we're meeting some girls. Want to come?" Karma just shook his head, his eyes never leaving his Nintendo. Going to a blind date was the last thing that he wanted to do and besides, he doesn't really have the time to waste doing that.

Maehara frowned at his friend's unnatural lack of interest. After Nagisa (whom he never invited because he intimidates the girls with his beauty), Karma was the one who never really comes whenever they requested him to go with them. which in his opinion, was a total waste for his good looks.

"why?" 

"I'm busy" 

"you're always busy" 

"I'm not really interested on that stuff" 

"there are actually 2 reasons why you're not interested. First is that you're gay" he paused, his hazel orbs boring a hole through Karma's face as he nonchalantly shook his head in disbelief. If he was by any chance, gay, that would instantly spell disaster for the female population.

"second, is that you have someone you like" he flinched. Karma suddenly paused, his face adapting a look full of thoughtfulness which Maehara instantly understood.

"really? You have one? Who? is she in here?" 

a flustered smile made its way on Karma's lips 

"let it go Maehara" 

"who is it? Kanzaki? Okuda? Nakamura? Who?" 

"no, she's not a student in Kunugigaoka" 

"then tell me who it is! I'm dying out of curiosity!" Karma closed his Nintendo, finally looking at Maehara straight in the eye.

"her identity doesn't really concern you. Now will you forget it?" 

"I'm asking for the name" 

"and you're not getting it" 

"then tell me one thing. How did the both of you hook up?" Karma hesitated before shrugging "we just met once and I-I think ... she ... doesn't know me"

Silence.

He glanced at Maehara who was staring at him with his jaw on the ground and his eyes as wide as saucers. 

"the great Karma had a crush on someone who wasn't aware of his existence?" he heard Maehara's shocked mumble making him smirk as he turned his attention back to the game.

Well, was the idea of him liking girls like that really unusual?

--

"is it really too much for me to ask you to have some decency and be at least ashamed of what you just did?!" White just glanced at her mother, her eyes showing no hints of emotion as she nonchalantly grabbed her headphones and placed it on her ears, blatantly ignoring her words.

There was really no point in even attempting to listen to her. she already knew what she was going to say. That Jade was going to castigate her every action for the last 8 years that she spent with her in New York, lavishly giving her numerous headaches and problems to deal with day by day.

She must have reached the last bit of her patience already. White thought with a smug look embedded on her angelic features. 

She spent half of her life reading people's faces and she could tell without needing a 2nd glance, that this bitch is itching to shove her out of the car and allow her to be hit by a thousand vehicles.

"what are you going to do with your life now?!" No response. Jade glared at her daughter who seemed to be so relaxed despite her furious scolding and without any hesitations, knocked her headphones off her ears with a single flick of her wrist.

"I'm asking you something" White took a deep breath, picking up her headphones with a tinge of annoyance replacing the smug look that she once had. 

That baby is worth ten pounds. If that thing gets broken, she's going to slam it right on that woman's face to teach hear a lesson and hopefully break that surgery made nose of hers.

"as you can probably see, I'm nowhere near interested" Jade pursed her lips at her daughter's answer before mustering the last speck of patience left inside her to conjure a calm and collected tone, an attempt that was instantly deemed futile at the sight of White placing her headphones back on its usual place.

A sudden stinging sensation suddenly spread across White's cheek followed by a series of slaps and burning insults hurled towards her direction, loosening the grip that she had on her patience as her headphones was once again flung on the far side of the car.

White just stared at her headphones, continuing to receive everything without trying to defend herself from both physical and verbal blows. 

Jade's opinions never really mattered to her. yeah, it irritated her sometimes but never did it manage to put a chink on her apathetic armor. "tell me when you're done. I'm going to pick up my headphones"

Jade's hand paused in midair whilst she stared at her daughter, her eyes round with shock upon her daughter's robotic actions.

"why don't you cry?" she asked her, failing to hide her astonishment with her startled whisper. White just rolled her eyes, angrily wearing her headphones back on her ears.

After everything that she's been through, Does Jade really think that she'll cry just because of childish antics such as those?