two; clara

Song of the chapter: Coming Home II by Skylar Grey

Present Day

I walked down the stairs, my knapsack hitting my knee as I entered the kitchen. Mom was inside, cooking up a storm, and from the stairs I could smell the delicious cooking of my mother, Charlotte Greene. It was legendary, and everyone who knows our family, loves it.

"Morning, Mom," I said, sitting down on one of the kitchen island stools. "That smells amazing."

She smiled. "I know," she winked and put a plate in front of me. "The usual stuff: pancakes with a smiley face. How does that sound to you?"

I cut up a piece of my pancakes (which were really good) and stuffed it into my face. "It's so good," I said, my mouthful. "Seriously, Mom you need to open up you're own restaurant. The food that you cook should be shared."

She smiled, sitting across me. "Well, I don't have the time considering you and Adam consume my daily life since I have to clean up your stinky, gross, ridiculously dirty rooms or else if I don't, it'll be a garbage can inside."

My cheeks blushed. "I clean up my room," I put my fork in the air, referring to my brother. "Adam on the other hand doesn't. He just leaves things inside. Only God knows what's inside. I'm positive there's a dead body hidden somewhere there."

Mom laughed, sipping her coffee. "I wouldn't be surprised," she said as she put her glasses on. "So you excited to go to school? It's been five years since you've gone to a school here, huh?"

I looked down. "Five years since I saw Will."

Her warm hand covered mine. "Don't worry about Will, honey," she said, her voice soothing. "I heard he's the quarterback for the football team. Can you believe it? I didn't expect him to shift from soccer to football. He's loved the game since he was a little boy."

William Mason doing football? He was more of a soccer type.

"I wasn't expecting that," I said, finishing my pancakes. I wiped my mouth with a table napkin. "Really, Mom, I don't know what I'm going to say when I see him again. I hope I can avoid him. The school's big."

She gave me a look. "You can't just avoid him, sweetie. He lives next door."

"I know. And that means I'm going to stay in this house forever," I proclaimed, standing up, and bringing my plate to the sink. "It's the best option. I don't want what happened five years ago to happen again. I promised myself never."

"You know at some point you've got to face him, honey," Mom walked over, and put her hands on my shoulders and gave me a long hug. "Why don't you go upstairs, brush your teeth, and head to school? I don't want you to be late."

I hurriedly went upstairs, brushed my teeth, made sure that I had everything. Since today was the first day, we didn't really need anything since it was just an introduction to the teachers and their subjects.

"Bye, Mom!" I called as I went past the kitchen. I heard her say goodbye as I entered my garage. My baby, a green Jaguar, was sitting inside my garage. It was a present for my parents for my seventeenth birthday last year.

I turned the engine and backed out of the garage. When I was younger, I'd drop my brother off at the high school so I knew where it was. It was about fifteen minutes from the house if you could beat the traffic.

A certain fluttering in my heart was the only thing that I could hear as I drove to the high school. Dead silence was heard inside my car and everything in my brain was going everywhere. I was just really nervous. Going back and seeing your childhood best friend whom you left when you were twelve is pretty nerve wracking if you ask me.

The parking lot was packed, and only a couple of slots left. I maneuvered the car to park right next to the entrance of the main building. I was already getting to my spot when, suddenly, a red Ferrari appeared, crashing slightly into my precious, baby Jaguar.

"What the hell?" I muttered under my breath. Opening the car door, I shot a glare at the person behind the wheel of the Ferrari and checked the dent that the Ferrari placed on my poor baby. It wasn't small, it had crashed slightly one of the headlights. I turned to the other car. It- compared to my car- had a small dent. "This guy's definitely going to pay."

Behind me, the driver and passenger got out. The girl was, a blonde with an icy look in her eye. She was dressed in a cheer uniform. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest, and she was glaring. The guy was in a shirt, and jeans. He had messy, brown hair, and dark brown eyes.

"How dare you destroy my car," he started and I think I could almost faint.

I knew that voice. Very well.

"Do you know how much this thing costs?" he continued, making arm motions. "You shouldn't even hold a license! You can ruin precious little cars like this. Oh, I forgot you don't even own a precious car like this." He pointed at my car. "It seems like you don't know what expensive means."

I swear my jaw almost dropped. My Will. Will Mason dissing someone? I was offended.

I folded my arms. "I know what expensive means. You were the one who crashed when I was supposed to get that spot. How unfair if you did get my spot. You seem like an asshole."

His girlfriend glared at me. "Don't you dare call him an asshole! Don't talk to him like that."

"I wouldn't if he didn't talk to me like that."

"You better listen here, you little, ugly, b-" she sneered until her boyfriend held her back. "Babe," he said. "Don't. Let's not get in trouble." He turned to me. "We're reporting this to the principal. Disrespecting the quarterback? Heck, no. He won't hear of this." He pulled his girlfriend to his side. "Let's find another spot."

She huffed, and gave me another glare as they entered the car. Sooner or later, the Ferrari was gone and I was left alone, standing in the parking lot, with my car.