Chapter One: You're Very Rude

(I GOT THE INSPIRATION FROM A TUMBLR POST)

(Third person POV)

The bass was beating so loud that the sound was bleeding through Bellamy's walls. He could've sworn that his lamp was shaking. Bellamy wasn't the type of person to nag everyone and tell them how to live their lives, but he had started to pick up early shifts for his job at the local library and he was trying to get some sleep. He shrugged on his grey, chunky sweater and some respectable sweat pants (with only one rip by the knee) as he walked out of his flat to his tell his new neighbor to kindly shut up.

"Hey!" He said banging on the door so hopefully the new tenant would hear him. The music instantly turned off and he heard shuffling coming from the opposite side of the door. Only about a minute later did the door open.

"Yes?" The girl asked as she wiped her eyes. She had clearly been crying.

"You're music is kind of really loud, and I can hear it through the walls, and I have an early shift tomorrow—"

"I'll put my headphones on. Is that it?"

"Are you okay? You just seem like you've been crying—"

"Did you come here to tell me to shut up or to comment about my personal life?" She asked crossing her arms and taking one step back further into her flat.

"No, well, yes to the first thing. But not like, 'hey, shut up!' But just, like, please be considerate?" Bellamy now realized he was fumbling over his own words. He really needed sleep.

"You're very rude, you know."

"Wait, me? How am I the rude one? I'm the one who kindly walked over, and kindly knocked on your door, and kindly asked you to please be considerate," He started getting defensive. He wasn't the one doing anything wrong.

"You come to my door at a late hour and tell me how to live my life! Well, maybe, you should get a life of your own. That way you wouldn't have to focus on mine," she replied as she slammed the door shut.

What just happened? He thought to himself

What just happened? He thought to himself. All he wanted to do was get some sleep before work, and that was now out of the question because his neighbor had turned up the music louder than it had been before. It's not that her choice of music was terrible, he actually liked her taste. It was just a little loud at the wrong time of the day.

When he was in his own personal space, with his front door locked, Bellamy walked to his small kitchen and started to microwave some water for his tea. Hopefully that could calm him down and he would be able to sleep. He sat down on the kitchen stool silently drinking his cup of tea as the music still progressed. Bellamy gently threw his mug in the sink when he was finished and made a mental note to clean the other dishes he had left in the sink. He was about to slam his fist against their adjoining wall when he heard the music abruptly stop.

"Oh thank God," he mumbled. Before he could walk away he heard,

"You thought!"

And then the music started all over again.

~~~~~~
A/N: Hey everyone! So another modern day AU was requested so I hope you all enjoy this!