💋 come to me; R.T. ~ pt 1

it was about 11:00 at night and richie was in his bed doing his homework. which he had a lot of and really did not want any distractions since it's almost summer break and he wants to pass his classes. but his eyes rolled over to look at his window that was cracked open when he heard small taps on it.

"richie! richie! tozier, please, just open up!"

richie moved his books and papers and pencils from his lap to the side of him on his bed, then got up and opened his window all the way. he walked with an annoyed face but that quickly changed when he saw who was there.

"y/n?"

"let me in...please..." you said sadly, looking down.

"y-yeah i'll be right there."

the front door opened wide and you walked through. you looked around but there was no one but you and richie.

"where are your parents?" you asked.

"are they ever here? they went on vacation or some shit,"

richie looked closer.

"what's wrong? why are you crying? y/n what's wrong?"

you avoided eye contact at all costs. looking at everything else in the room except the four-eyed standing in front of you. you looked; the kitchen was clean. weird because it's only richie here. you looked; there were dvds scattered across the floor in the living room by the tv. seems more like richie.

"y/n,"

"my parents....they're arguing again..."

"so what's up with that? i thought they do this all the time. you've never cried before. tell me what's wrong, y/n?"

you brought your hand up to your head, ruffling your hair and trying your best to choke back any more tears. you wiped your face with your other hand. but richie moved it and wiped your face himself.

"i.....maybe they're getting a divorce? something...like...that....yeah, a divorce...."

the tears came back hard. your parents always argued. about different hit at different times. you never knew why but they just had to have a "perfect family". you were their only child and they felt that was an even bigger reason to never split. but it was bad. and you wanted them to split. but now it's happening and it tears you apart. richie held your face in his hands and reassured it everything would be okay.

richie....he's never like this....

"hey, hey d-don't cry it's okay," he kept repeating that it would be okay until you believed it.

"it's okay, babe."

and he never called you babe....meaning it....like......sweetly....

you finally stopped crying. "it's for the best". you remembered what your mother's text read. too coward to tell you in person?

i don't know...