━━ chapter six.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫❝ 𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐌 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐌

𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗼

ASTRID SHUFFLED around in her bed, the sheets wrapped tightly around her body. Sweat coated her forehead, soaking through her garments. She jerked up in bed, staring around her environment, realising she was in her living quarters. Her mother was awaken by Astrid, as she slept in a chair across the bed.

"Mother?" Astrid's breath was rapid.

"I heard you crying in your sleep. I wanted to watch over you, Astrid." her mother replied.

"I have to train. I'll see you soon for our morning feast." she jumped out of bed. Her mother grabbed her tightly around her arm.

"Why do you continue to train everyday? We have been living on Alfheim peacefully. It's not as if you can be a Valkyrie, they do not even exist anymore. Ever since Hela." Her voice quietened down after revealing too much information.

"Who is this Hela you speak of constantly?" Astrid looked confused.

"Forget I even said that name." her mother avoided the question.

"Mother..." Astrid persisted.

"Please do not continue to pester me with wanting to know about her." she snapped, exiting Astrid's quarters hastily.

Confused, Astrid began to freshen up before throwing on fresh garments. She wrapped her hair tightly in an intricate bun, strapping her daggers around her waist. Living in Ljosalfgard, the capital of Alfheim, she sought after the best fighter in the city. A man with no name agreed to help her so long as she resisted any temptation of asking questions.

She knocked three times on the man's front door of his house, before hearing the familiar creaking of the hinges, as he opened the door.

"Astrid." he nodded, as he closed the door behind him, leading the way to the woods. Astrid following closely. They entered the woods, heading towards an empty dirt patch. It served as their training area for the entirety of Astrid's training.

She parried several lunges towards her, using her daggers to block the man's long blade. That didn't leave her enough space to escape receiving several cuts along her arm. He knocked her backwards, her face impacting against the earth, bruising her lip. Blood dripped into her mouth, causing her to spit out the blood on the ground. The coppery taste filled her tastebuds, making her feel nauseous.

"You are not concentrating today." he bluntly spoke. Astrid glared at him, resting on a large rock, wiping the blood from her mouth on her hand, streaks of the scarlet liquid staining her skin. Sweat dripped down her face, strands of her hair sticking to her neck.