four ⚕

Archie, Betty, and Veronica watched as their friend walked out of Pop's, jaw clenched and fists balled. They knew he was upset, but for some odd reason they didn't know why. Well, Betty didn't know why actually.

The blonde girl had her head in her hands, starring blankly at the table. She was still trying to figure out why Jughead had become so upset with her. Was it something she said? Was it the way she acted? It was both.

While she was dwelling on that, Veronica and Archie ordered some food and began to talk about what had just gone down.

"Who was she anyways? I've never seen her before." Veronica said, looking at her boyfriend Archie.

He shrugged. "She was obviously a Serpent, but I don't know. I've never seen her before either." Archie sighed. From where they were sitting, Archie could see Pop Tate working on their food. "Hey, Pop." Archie called out. The older man turned around. "Who was that girl Jughead was sitting with, a few minutes ago?" He asked.

Pop smiled a little. "Ah, Catalina Monroe. Sweet girl, big heart. She's in here every night, sketching or doing homework. Very smart, that girl." He sighed. "She's something special, and unlike some of these people in Riverdale, she'll be leaving the town in a year or two."

Pop went back to making the teens food, leaving the three to think about what he just said.

"Monroe, why does that name sound so familiar?" Betty wondered aloud. Veronica shrugged. She hadn't been here long so there's no way that she would know.

Pop brought out their food a little while later, and they began to eat while racking their brains about the girl and why her name now sounded so familiar.

Betty nearly choked on her food when she finally remembered why her name was so familiar now. Her friends gave her a weird look.

"Monroe was a family that lived in Riverdale almost a decade ago, so when we were little. Her mother, Amanda Monroe vanished when she was five. And her father, Malcom Monroe was killed when she was 12." Betty said.

Veronica gave her a skeptical look. "So what? She's an orphan?"

Betty shook her head. "No, her family was also the family to put the Serpents together. That, and she's the reason why the Serpents care about their members children so much."

"So she's part of the families that founded Riverdale." Veronica said. Betty nodded.

They still didn't know that she was the leader of the gang.

Jughead felt horrible. He and Catalina were having a nice conversation, until his friends had to go an ruin it. The way they acted, the way they treated Catalina just showed how North Siders really thought of the Serpents. Just druggies and gang bangers.

Jughead was furious, mostly because he expected better from Betty. He couldn't quite understand how she could except him, who grew up on the South Side, and was learning to become a Serpent, but she couldn't except Catalina. A girl who had gone through more than Betty had, then Veronica had, then Jughead had.

When Jughead had gone to school the next day, he was hoping to see Catalina but after talking to Toni he was disappointed that she actually does online schooling from her trailer.

While talking to Toni, he had asked her where her trailer was, and to his surprise it wasn't far from his. So after school he went to her trailer, instead of going to his to meet up with his girlfriend.

Jughead walked up the steps to the front door, and looked in through the small glass window at the top. He raised his hand and knocked on the door. When there was no answer the first time he went to knock a second time, but the door swung open.

There stood Catalina, a long sweatshirt hung off of her body and went down to her knees, and then she wore thigh high socks to go with it. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and she mascara smudged under her eyes. Looking at her, Jughead felt his heart speed up.

"Jughead? Hello? Earth to Jughead." Catalina waved her hand in front of the boys face, bringing him out of his trance. She laughed as he was brought back into focus. "What are you doing here?" She asked, leaning against the door frame.

"I wanted to apologize, for what my girlfriend had said to you yesterday. And accusing you of being a drug addict." Jughead said.

Catalina sighed. "One, you're not the one who needs to apologize, it's her. And two, you should watch your back with her. If she's judging me, who knows when she'll start judging you."

She was right, and Jughead knew that. He nodded and sighed. "I'll make sure to keep an eye out for that." He said.
Catalina nodded, and scratched her head, some hair falling from her bun. "Well, I better get going, I have to go meet me friends."

Catalina nodded and walked to the door opening it for him. "Okay. I'll see you later then, I guess." Jughead nodded and then left without another word.

Catalina walked back to her kitchen, where her laptop and some papers were sprawled around on the counter tops. When she sat down, she picked up her phone. The screen lit up and dozens of text messages came popping up onto the screen.

She only scanned through them, and from what she could gather, there was someone called 'The Black Hood' and he had targeted two North Sider high school kids while in their car. Catalina dislikes them as much as they disliked her and the other South Siders, but they didn't deserve to be shot.

There was also a link to the towns news paper website. She clicked the link and read the article that came up on the screen. Her eyes widened. Whoever this 'Black Hood' Character was, he was  a threat to everyone in Riverdale.

Next was a video. She was hesitant at first to click the link and watch the video, but her finger tapped against her Mac Book and the video began to play. In the video were shirtless teens, all wearing things over their heads to cover their faces. Catalina was about to exit the video until she saw a familiar face. Jughead's ginger haired friend.