Character Introductions

Evelynn (Evie) Swanson (14)

Evie Swanson is a quiet, idealistic teenager. She is avoidant and can feel uncomfortable around large groups of people. She loves to observe rather than interact, and is interested in trying to understand and help people. She is creative and smart, and embraces counterculture and self expression. She likes the rain, and tries to be very supportive of her surroundings. She is normally a talented writer, although often struggles with writer’s block. She is not very organized, and is very often confused. She is prone to sadness and attracted to sad things and people. Evie is prone to loneliness, and often views herself as a lonely individual. She daydreams about people to preserve a sense of closeness. She is very often moody and has low self-confidence. She often has self-doubts and is prone to crying and regretting. Evie can be pessimistic and afraid, but is viewed by others as a very bubbly, shy individual.

Heather Swanson (17)

Heather Swanson is known as a social, outgoing, interesting teenager. Sometimes she is viewed as attention seeking. She does not like to be alone, and always tries to respect rules and authority. She is very athletic, organized and likes to be in charge. She has her idea of how the world should be, and sticks to her beliefs. She has a lot of pressure in her system, and manages to stay focused on what she believes is right. She does not accept weird or strange people or things. Heather is both assertive and aggressive with others, but is also strict with her own standards.  She follows the social norm, and believes in herself.

Tabitha (Abby) Pennington (15)

Abby Pennington is quiet and reserved at most times. She can be difficult to understand and get to know well. She doesn’t trust very many people, and is more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family. She is distant, often shows little to no emotion, and cannot describe her feelings simply. She is avoidant and awkward in social situations. She does not like happy people. She thinks quite a lot, but speaks her mind when needed. She may become excited about new theories and ideas. She has no interest in leading or following others. She is difficult to persuade, and relies on herself more than others. She does not find herself weird, but others would say differently. She appreciates strangeness and counterculture. Abby is calm, original, and smart, and does not usually judge at first glance.

Blake Young (17)

Blake Young is a quiet, kind guy who often puts other’s needs above his own. He is careful with the feelings of others and embraces strangeness. He often keeps his feelings to himself, and does not like to draw attention. He is polite and reserved, and is easily scared. He tends to follow the rules, and is very smart and responsible. He’s self conscious and fears doing the wrong thing, and being embarrassed. Blake is apprehensive and cautious, but is overall a caring person.

Alec Pennington (15)

Alec Pennington is known as a rebellious and reserved guy. He doesn’t always follow the rules, and doesn’t often show care or effort, although he does very well in school. He rarely talks about his feelings or personal life. He has a well-known sense of humor, yet can be insensitive to others. He avoids mistakes to protect his reputation, and holds people to high standards. Alec does not accept apologies easily, and doesn’t trust anyone.