Chapter 2: Sick?

I growled softly as I snuck away without Ven or Aqua spotting me. "That was too close!" I told myself. "Now to fin-" I stopped and walked up to a fenced in backyard. Hopping over the fence, I saw an open window that led to a kitchen where Lilith was. Quietly sneaking up to the window, I saw her back to me and used that as an advantage. I propped my elbows in the window seal and chuckled. "It's been 10 years Lilith. You've gotten older." I spoke in a calm voice. Lilith jumped up and looked around before seeing me.

Tears filled her eyes as she let me inside. "V-Vanitas? I-Is it y-you?" she asked, looking me over. "Yes, it's me. Happy to see me?" I asked. Lilith sniffled a bit and took my helmet off of me, revealing my spiky black hair and golden eyes. She smiled at me before pulling me into a kiss. I wasn't expecting this from her but I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her in the air. I pulled back but still held her. "So, you love me?" I teased making Lilith blush. "Maybe I do. I'm 15 now so I'm allowed a boyfriend and maybe some kisses?"

I blushed at her response, not what I expected to hear from her. "So-" I was interrupted by Lilith wrapping her arms around my neck. "Wanna be my boyfriend?" she asked, her fox tail swaying. I felt awkward at the moment. "Ummm, aren't we getting ahead if our selves?" I asked her. Lilith grinned and nuzzled my nose. "Sora wannabe" she teased. Oh so that's how she wants to play? Then I'll play along, just to see where this goes. "This 'Sora' guy must be pretty hot if you like me?" I teased back. Lilith blushed at my comment and hid her face. "Shut up!" she mumbled, her face bright pink.

I chuckled at her and hugged her tightly "I love you so much, Lilith. Can't you tell?" I asked, smiling. Lilith smiled at me, her signature smile and beautiful voice. My little fox girl smiling, brings joy to my heart. "I love you too!" Lilith cried, coughing. I heard her cough and it worried me a lot. "You're sick?" I asked feeling of her forehead and gasping. "You have a fever!" Lilith growled "I do not! Shut up!" She snapped placing a plate in soapy water and washing it. She was weak, something was weakening her. "Darkness," I muttered under my breath. "Darkness is weakening her, but how? She's okay with me and I'm full of darkness. So what's affecting her-" Lilith gripped the edge of the sink and collapsed on the floor. "Lilith? LILITH?!" I shouted holding her in my arms and shaking her gently. Lilith groaned in response. I was worried about her a lot.

I took her to her room and laid her on her bed. "Vani, what happened?" I rubbed her hand. "You passed out and I don't know why. Do you?" I asked her feeling of her forehead. "You're fever is gone, I'm glad for that. But I think some kind of darkness or something is affecting you. I can sense it." Lilith sighed "I encountered something last week but I thought it was nothing." She said crying silently. "Here, I have it with me now." She pulled out a small gem and showed me. Light and darkness surrounded the gem. I don't know why I touched it like an idiot but I did. "It's soft and fluffy?" I exclaimed feeling of the gem. When I touched a crack, it shocked me and I blacked out.