Chapter 5

Professor Oak observe the two youngsters' battle carefully. He could already tell that both has their own way of battling by now.

"What a strong Will the boy holds. He's definitely the type of trainer that will go strike further to get stronger. Till he's the strongest of them all.. Full of enthusiasm and passion, there's no doubt that Red will most likely to succeed in becoming the strongest than my own grandson."

As Bulbasaur's razor leaf collides with Charmander's ember, Professor Oak revert his gazed towards the slightly terrified girl.

"Cyan on the other hand.. Is unpredictable. Even I couldn't see what the future holds for her... However, this girl is full of knowledge. She plans accordingly before attacking her opponent, unlike Red. She must've know Bulbasaur is a slow Pokemon, and she took the advantage of Charmander's agility to strike.."

"While Cyan occasionally asked Charmander if the Pokemon was alright after getting hit by Bulbasaur's Vine, Red however did not noticed that Bulbasaur has grew a little tired from the battle and still ordering it to keep attacking..."

While Professor Oak is still in deep thought, the battle is already near to the end. Despite the disadvantages against fire-type, Bulbasaur and Red won.

Oak was not surprised

"Good job, Bulbasaur!" Said Red while petting the Pokemon. Bulbasaur seems happy as well, grinning towards Red.

"You've done great, Charmander. Now rest up" Cyan smiled apologeticly towards the weaken Charmander. Charmander did not seems to hate Cyan. Plus, it seems to enjoyed battling together with her.

"Both praise and appreciate their Pokemons efforts after battle.. That's a good sign" thought Professor Oak while walking towards them.

"My first impression at your first battle was.. Disappointing."

Both Red and Cyan looked depressed. "What do you mean by that Prof?" asked Red

"Both of you doesn't know anything about Pokemons' moves. Especially you, Red. No one ever instruct a grass-type Pokemon to used a move that can be learnt by Gound-type or higher level pokemon."

Cyan chuckled slightly remembering Bulbasaur's confused face when Red ordered it to use Earthquake.

"But Earthquake is my favourite move. And it does pretty good damage towards fire-type Pokemons." Red said in defense, slightly sulking.

Professor Oak sighed. "Well, clearly Bulbasaur is not capable of the move. Maybe when it's on a higher level? We'll never know."

Red and Cyan nodded in unison~ understands what the older oak is trying to tell them.

Before any of the children can question more, Professor Oak continues. " Well, i don't blame you for being dense ~even though you are~ Both of you are still young after all. You've got a lot of things to learn about this world of Pokemons."

Cyan could swear that she saw Red snicker at Oak's comment. What's so funny? He's literally mocking you!

"But overall, I'm glad that I've made the decision of you both having my Pokemons. Now i know that both of them will have a trainer that will appreciate and love them unconditionally." 

"However~" said Oak, with seriousness this time. "That does not mean that the whole of Pokemons trainers in this world would treat their pokemons the same. As you both goes on your adventure, do not forget where you came from. Do not let the world influence you or tell you what to do. As this world might not be as pleasant as you think. Both of you have to be physically and mentally tough. Do you understand what I mean?"