Six

Furys POV:

Several troops came charging in with guns rose. Loki looked up from his sword. "That's it? I expected more." We stared at him in horror. How was that no enough? Slowly, he rose his hands, green mist began to come out of his hands. The closest guard instantly dropped its gun and rose their hands to its neck. Warts popped up all over his face, he was choking by the gas. As the mist went nearer to the rest of the guards, each dying the same way. The most settled and Loki looked towards Mandarin. He stood there with one of the guns raised. Loki chuckled and moved his hand across. The gun went flying against the wall. Silently he walked towards Mandarin. "Such a shame." And with that he snapped his neck. The corpse collapsed onto the floor with a loud thud.

Loki turned towards us. "Shall we?" I nodded and we set off to a jet.

Once in the jet, Loki began to flip several switches. "You do know how to control this right?" Tony asked fearfully, strapping himself in. Loki chuckled and replied. "Lets see." Those two words left his mouth and the whole jet shot of. Outside of the windows we could just manage to see blurs of landscapes. I sat back in my seat. Breathless. Stunned. Literally breathless, I gasped for air. I looked around and the others were the same. Loki unbuckled himself and stood up. He looked at us and grinned. "To Midgard!" I blinked with my one eye. How was this man so extraordinary?

He walked to the back and looked out of the small window. "When I say jump. You jump. Understood?" We looked at him in horror. To our surprise Bruce stood up to go first. "Once there don't move!" Loki demanded to us. Bruce nodded. Loki smiled at his courage. "Jump!" He shouted as the door flung open. He did so. I stood up to go next. He looked at me. Good luck. He mouthed. And I jumped. I don't know why I did it. Why did I even trust this alien guy? I could end up in a ditch right now! But I jumped. So did Bruce. That's goes for something doesn't it? He trusted him. I trusted him.

These thoughts stopped as I felt a rush of excitement flood through me. I didn't notice that I was grinning until Bruce laughed. I looked at him through the dark. "Fun isn't it?" He asked. Is hot him a glare but smiled again. I looked around. Tony appeared. Then Steve. Clint. Nat. But no Loki. It was dark. Water dropped from above us. I only then noticed that my shoes were wet. We were in the sewers. But it wasn't the original sewers of New York. No. These didn't smell. Or at least badly. These had tiny little fairy lights around the edge of the roof. Different coloured lights lit the whole place up. Red. Pink. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. It was magical.

"It's quite nice isn't it?" Loki said. Stepping out of a portal. We turned to look at him. "It's my kingdom." We stared at him confused. "Your kingdom is a sewer?" Loki looked at Tony unimpressed. "No dumbass. It's because you look like time travellers and they'll be creeped out if they see you like that so you're going to have some differences on your skin but don't worry it's not permanent."

We stared at him. A mix of worry and confusion on our faces. Loki waved his hand and everyone's skin was blue with white lines. Loki smiled. "See. Jotun. Nothing to worry about though." Loki's skin began to change. His skin went from porcelain white to a sky blue. His lines were black. "Why are the lines different?" Nat asked. She stroked her skin. Fascinated by the difference. Her eyes were bright red. Just like everyone else's. Loki looked at her then at himself. "King. Blood of laufey. Laufeyson- the royals- are different jotuns. That is why I'm sentenced to death in Asgard. Because Odin is scared of me. He has not seen this kind of Jotun before nor has anyone else." Clint, along with everyone else, had an O shape of a mouth at the words death sentence, "And what kind of Jotun are you?" Loki looked up to face us. "The most powerful kind. I hold all knowledge from every realm there is and all of its secrets and power/magic. I can look at just a single person and know their memories, secrets and thoughts. I was a subject. A test. They take my blood. Test it. Use it. Take more. Inject me with stuff. See what happens." Steve straightened at the mention of test subjects. "Very alike, we are, Steven Rodgers. You're friend. James Buchanan Barnes. Didn't deserve what they did." Steve looked heartbroken. He looked down with guilt. "Who took y-" "Like I said. Hydra. I was the witness to James's tests as he was for me." Loki replied solemnly. We watched the event unfold between the god and captain. "Did he gave it worse?" Steven asked. Loki shook his head. "No. James actually had it better than most. At least I certainly think so... you see. He could be stopped. He had trigger words that would make him remember what the good thing is to do. Whereas others were just used for killing machines. They were heartless and emotionless. They were just used and tested on. For killing. They were best to be used for missions because the job would be done."

"They? You are referring to yourself aren't you?" Bruce questioned. Loki turned to Bruce and smiled. Not an evil mischievous grin but a simple smile. Sad. Broken. Used. But he didn't reply. Instead he turned around and began to walk through the dirty water. "Follow." We did so. The water separated for Loki. His shoes still spotless. As we rose out of the sewers, Loki's dress choice changed.

He stood in the realm with pride

He stood in the realm with pride. All around him, since the realm of Thor and Loki made peace, the Jotun had finally revealed themselves publicly. They had not hidden from us newcomers. Instead it was like a rainy life. Snow came down, raining onto us slowly. Fairy lights were draped all around lamps and buildings. Every colour, luminous on each face. They traded goods and talked like nothing had happened. All with smiles on their faces. They wore gold like Asgard but just chains, fashionable not slave. The chains and robes of all colours. "Wow!" Tony gasped out. Loki smiled. It had been awhile since it was this peaceful.

Slowly he made way to his palace.