Eleven

Tony's POV:

I blinked away the tears. I was angry, more than angry, fuming at what mandarin had done. But he was dead now. And I had to look after Loki. I wrapped him in a hug and could feel him crying against me. My own salty tears dropped into his hair, "You're not mad at me, are you?" I looked to him in disbelief.
"How can I be mad at you? You did nothing wrong."
He looked up to me, his eyes meeting mine.
"You promise?"
"I promise."

We went back into the canteen. Clint had gone back for seconds, as did I. Loki sat down with the rest, smiling at their jokes. It was different to see your one-eyed, usually-screaming director laugh and joke, as for your enemy that threw you out of the window.

Nats POV:

I nudged over to Loki. He was hiding behind his hair but smiling at our jokes, he fiddled with a ring. Golden but with an emerald jewel. "You okay, Loki? You don't look so good." That's when he looked me in the eyes. And I couldn't look away. I'd only know him for a few weeks, unless when he attacked. Yet not once did his eyes look like they did now. Sparkling forest gems, painted over with tears. "Can I trust you, miss. Romanoff?"
I looked taken aback.
"It's Nat to you. And yes, you can trust me."
He fiddled with the ring.
"You promise?"
"I promise." He silently slipped out of the room, I took that as a sign to follow. Tony ran over to me before I could though. "What's up with Loki?"
"He wants to tell me something."
Tony seemed to shrink and become unsure.
"Just whatever you do, promise me that you won't lash out at him or say anything cruel."
"I promise..."

I was beginning to get worried now. I stood outside of the room, Loki was sitting down on the floor. He looked up to me.

"Natasha...you remember when we got taken by mandarin, do you not?"
I nodded, I wouldn't be able to forget that. Locked in a cold cellar, no light, rats scuttling over our bare feet. The pipes dripping sewage onto us, the mould climbing up the walls, rations to spare seven. I shuddered.
"Well mandarin...he did things...things that had a consequence...he-he made-"
Loki couldn't finish his sentence. Tony came out of the doorway and sat next to Loki, wrapping him up in his arms, Tony looked to me. "He made Loki pregnant."

Those words left his mouth. And although I had put two and two together when Loki was trying to tell me, it coming out of someone mouth shocked me. I fell to the floor, on my knees. Tony moved out of the way as I did something I never expected myself to do. I hugged him. I hugged Loki and I didn't let go.