one life

last time...

nick asked me out in the hospital when we got the news it took me a while but I finally said yes. I was worried about what my family would say tho when we told them. but I didn't really care because I was alive and healthy nothing else mattered.

so I McKenzie lavato am a survivor of leukemia. am an almost high school graduate and a sister, daughter, best friend and most of all a girlfriend and this is my story.

McKenzie

we were all sitting on the couch together. jess was on jakes lap and kyle was next to bill who was next to mom. they all had wide grins on their faces. kinda scary if you ask me. I came and sat next to nick taking his hand in mine. looking back to my family my face went pale. sh*t they didn't know.

"care to explain?" my mother asked. I looked over at nick and his face was pale but then his normal features returned.

"ahhhhhh... well uhh..."

"I asked McKenzie to be my girlfriend"

we all looked to nick and he had this confident grin on his face that made me smile. everyone fell silent, not a sing sound was herd from any one. you could defiantly hear a pin drop if it did.

"you did what nick?"

the question came from jess who was now seated next to my mom. she seemed to be holding my mothers hand. wow I didn't know my family as well as I think I did.

"I asked McKenzie lavato to be my girlfriend and she said yes"

"is this true honey" I looked towards jake who was standing now. he looked pissed they all did. I took a deep breath in and smiled when I said...

"yes, yes it is true"

I herd a gasp coming from my mothers direction. everyone once again fell silent. I sware they could all hear my thoughts because no ones gaze lifted from me.

"why?" bill asked.

"because I love her dad, ever since the first day I met her. I love who she is the way she dresses. her personality and kindness. I love the way her eyebrow twitches when shes thinking and the way she scoffs when shes mad. I love every thing about her and I woul..."

"stop right their!" I looked towards kyle who was standing behind everyone now. his face was red and he seemed like he was gonna cry.

"stop right their nick. you cant love her shes your fu**ing step sister this is illegal!"

"I don't care if this is illegal I love her kyle and I want let anyone or any thing stop me from loving and being with her!"

"you cant do this!"

"well im already am nic.."

"is this what you want McKenzie?" my mother asked cutting off both of the boys. I nod my head and smile at my mother who is sitting at the edge of her seat.

"yes mom I want nothing more then to be with him I love him mom. I really do"

"well if this is what you want McKenzie I don't see the problem, but just know that a lot of people want be happy with your decision and this type of thing comes with consequences so are you willing to accept that?"

I looked over to nick and gave him a great big smile then looked straight into my mothers eyes.

"mom this is what I want nothing more nothing less"

"nick are you willing to do the same thing" it was bill who asked the question. all eyes landed on the pair and I took my hand and slipped it into his.

"dad I love her and im willing to accept the consequences that are thrown at me"

I flash of pain fell on bills face. he looked mad but at the same time hurt and sad. I knew he would be hard to handle. only if I didn't make that stupid move we would still be a secret. and no one would know and kyle wouldn't be so pissed.

I watched as jake and jess got up and left with out a single word kyle followed leaving out the front door, when my mom moved I sware my hart jumped into my throat.

"McKenzie and nick I love both of you so much ok just know that. and I want nothing more then to see my own daughter happy. but I need a little time to process this I think we all do"

she looked over at the front door then bill. and my gaze fell to my hands that were placed in my lap.

"pack your bags son!"

I looked up to see bill standing over us. his expression cold. I jumped a little not recognising the man who supposed to be my step farther. he looked like a totally different person.

"I said pack your bags and get out!"

"no dad im not letting you kick me out not this time!"

"both of you get out now!"

my hart completely stoped and tears filled my eyes and ran down my checks.
"what?" I asked.

I looked to my mother with a desperate glare but her next words completely stopped me in my tracks.

"listen to him McKenzie go up stairs pack a couple of bags then leave"

I couldn't help the tears run down my face as much as I tried they keep coming. nick picked me up and took me up stairs to my bed room. he placed me on my bed the walked over to the closet and grabbed a couple of bags. he filled four of them with my cloths. then filled another two with my stationary. make up, hair ties, hair brush, pads, tampons and all these other little bits I might need.

"im so sorry kenzie I didn't mean for this to happen, im really sorry"

I looked into his eyes and smiled when I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"its not your falut, I should have been prepared for something like this but I was just to distracted by the you and our parents. im hurt I will say that but im also happy cause I get to be with you"

"I love you I really do"

my hart jumped and I couldnt help but smile. I may be getting kicked out of my house but at least I still have him.

hey guys so their back, with drama bigger then before. what do you think will happen? please comment down below :)