Chapter 14: Getting Ready To Go Home

~Chapter 14~

~~Lexi's POV~~

"Can you put Liam's coat on? I have to change Natalie's diaper." I asked Niall, trying to change Natalie's diaper. Natalie squirmed in her place while crying. I didn't like hearing her cry. I didn't like to hear anyone cry. But I knew that her crying would be apart of my life forever. 

"But my coat is already on!" said Liam walking into the room. I laughed. "They know that!" Danielle said. I looked up to Danielle. She was like a sister to me even before Niall and I even met. I met Danielle at our first dance class when we were younger. I kept falling, and she kept helping me back up. We always laughed when I failed at following the dance steps. I was never on the beat, while she was perfect at keeping it. One day she invited me over to her house, and we had the time of our lives. We did all of our favorite things. After that day I knew she was going to be a good friend of mine. Now she was going to be my Maid of Honor at my wedding. 

"Can I call him James so I won't be confused when someone calls our name?" Liam asked. He gave me the puppy dog eyes, and he knew that I always fell for it. "Fine!" I said. His face lit up. 

Niall was placing Baby Liam (James) in his car seat. He was happy that our baby boy was finally asleep. He only slept if you gave him food, just like his daddy. Natalie, on the other hand, was the complete opposite from her brother. She slept when she was rocked and only cried if she needed to be changed. 

Louis and Eleanor walked into the room with smiles on their faces. They had something to tell us all. I could tell by the look on their faces. "Hey guys! We have news! Eleanor is 3 months pregnant!" Louis screamed. I was pretty sure that the people in the rooms beside us could hear Louis screaming. "Congrats! You've always wanted a kid!" I said patting Louis on the back. I gave Eleanor a hug. I was so happy for them! 

"We've got to get going. We'll meet you guys at Nando's when we put our stuff back in the flat." Niall said. He picked up Natalie's carrier and grabbed the diaper bag. "Mrs..." said the nurse. She didn't know my last name, so she left that for me to say. "Horan." I replied. I looked at Niall. He was looking at me with joy. I think he liked it when I called myself Lexi Horan. "Mrs. Horan, would you like me to wheel you down to your car?" she asked politely. "No thank you." I said walking out the door with Liam's carrier in my right hand and my purse in my left. Louis and Liam offered to carry our bags downstairs. Eleanor and Danielle stood by me, occasionally stopping to look at Baby Liam. Danielle thought he looked like Liam himself, but nobody else did. I personally loved how she thought they looked alike. She offered to watch Baby Liam when Niall and I were busy. I liked the feeling that she gave me. She was always there. She always had my back. 

Niall had pulled up with the car. Baby Natalie was already all buckled up. Louis and Liam put our bags in the trunk, and Danielle and Eleanor kept looking at our babies. I had trouble putting Baby Liam's carseat in the car. Niall had to get out of the driver's seat to help me. I laughed at my failure. If I was going to be a mom, I had to learn how to fasten the carseat. I closed the door and hopped into the passenger's seat. 

Niall leaned in for a kiss, and I followed his lead. I was so excited. Even though we were young parents, I knew we could do this together. 

Niall put on some music. It was Moments. I loved this song. It was my absolute favorite song. I remember crying when I found out what this song was about. It was just so meaningful. If anyone could write a song like this, Ed Sheeran would be the only one to do it.

I closed my eyes. I fell asleep. A new life had started for me.