God called me back and I said Yes (Edited)

I never thought that living a life with only misery as my companion and death as a suitor is this dull. Waking up every morning became my torture and seeing the setting of the sun always reminds me that I am now here all alone, silently reminiscing the tips of your touch in my face.So when God finally called me back...

Ashlyn Vemberhans graduated from a high-rank top university in the country 54 years ago, and since then, her reputation as a top war psychiatrist during the reign of war has made her very popular. After the war ended, she settled down in the area that was as far away from the wars as possible.

It could be said that if there were wars in the East, you might first want to meet Ashlyn in the West for she valued her life more than anything else.

For the time being, she recently turned 84 years old. Ashlyn went through thick and thin all her whole life. She could even say that the proudest thing she had ever done was being the breadwinner of the family. Moreover, having the hottest guy on the campus as her husband always made her eyes flicker to life at all times.

"Ah, speaking of Victor Vemberhans, I miss him so much. That guy had already passed away for 3 years now, didn't he?"

She knows that she only has a little time left. She felt that maybe...it's time for her to meet him again.

She touched her face, it was full of wryness and wrinkles. Her beauty has been long gone, her hair had already faded into white and only a blur of color in her eyes was left. Ashlyn looked around her small room in the elderly care with a hard feeling inside.

She felt a flash of pain and coughed hard with one hand covering her mouth. When Ashlyn calmed down, her palm was already soaked with the rose color of her blood.

When another burst of pain came again, she finally relented and chamfered while coughing more harder this time. Her eyes is languid and serene, as if the one coughing blood is not her and yet her heart is pulsing so desperately with fervor. Not in fear nor for the attempt of fighting to survive, but the excitement of finally reaching the end.

Of finally having the means of following him.

When Ashlyn retired from her job, she transferred all of her properties to her only daughter. Victor and Ashlyn were sent to the elderly care, their daughter came to look after them once or twice a month.

She smiled contently and closed her eyes, for she knows that everything has already been settled. Her body shook a little for the last time but there's nothing to fear. Everything has its beginning and unfortunately, it's now her turn for the end. But she wasn't a bit sad, for she never regretted anything.

Some used to say that when someone is breathing their last breathe, they would think about the past and yes, she remembered everything, for suddenly all the memories surged up to her mind.

She even remembered the first time she had met her beloved husband like it just happened yesterday.

When Ashlyn was 35 years old

"I love you, please marry me!" She shouted out loud.

It's now the modern technology age, there is now no rule that men has to make the first move nor even had to court first. But wait, not only did she said those cheesy lines, she also asked him to marry her. Heck, it was even heard as a command. She really is asking too much.

Victor who was sipping his afternoon tea spit it all out. His eyes widen and his cheeks flushed red like an apple that she wanted to steal a bite.

"What the heck did you just say?!"