Chapter 3 - Storytime

I scoffed, "Tell me about yourself?" I mimicked, "Oppa, that is the worst conversation starter I've ever heard in my life."

"Well, obviously this is a hard topic to cover. I need some background information." He exclaimed almost exhausted at my response. "If I'm going to write an album about you I should at least know the details of your life, shouldn't I?"

"Are you sure you correctly picked the right girl then?" I questioned.

"With your attitude no. But with my effort, I think we can be close." He teased as he rested his arms on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"Okay fine, what do you want to know?"

"How did you get here in the first place?"

"How I was born?" I asked quizzically with my eyebrows raised.

"No, pabo. How you came to Seoul." He sighed out.

"Ah..." I answered, "Well, to put it simply after I graduated Uni I had 6 months before my Masters course and I decided to spend it here, alone. I wanted to breathe a different air and experience it myself."

"You don't miss your parents?" He asked.

"Of course I do, but moving here was something I needed to do for myself. It's a bit complicated."

"Alright then...what about your love life? You never had a boyfriend before?"

"Yeah, never."

"You're 21, you're pretty, and you talk pretty well. How am I supposed to believe that BS?"

"No really, I've never had one. I mean, of course I've been asked but I was never interested. I was close a couple of times but...yeah it's also complicated." I sighed out.

"Tell me about it. That is what we're here for."

"But," I protested, "I don't even know where to begin..."

"Have you ever had a first love?" He questioned.

"Of course."

"Start there." He replied, almost too interested in the topic. But he was patient with me. And although it seemed like it was only for the purpose of their comeback there was a part of me that felt his sincerity and genuine interest in my life.

"I was in high school...that's where it usually starts, aha. But this guy took up a big part of my high school years." I began.

As I was doing so, the memories of the past flooded my minds while lacing my voice with sadness at those past memories.

"He was a classmate, and also Korean. We had a lot of history and its really hard for me to explain but we were good friends since middle school. My school is really small, people basically grow up together and are mostly in the same classes-so as you can imagine everyone is really close with everyone. But me and him...were people who shouldn't have been friends but we were." I continued as I noticed Taehyung's deep eyes engaged in my story.

"One year, I was seated next to him for 3 out of the 4 quarters when we were supposed to get new seating partners. That's how we became close I guess. But this was still in middle school and throughout this time I was also friends with his best friend. "

"Aish, I knew it." Taehyung scolded, "And you wanted to tell me you had no male friends."

"Yeah whatever Oppa, let me finish the story." I said clearly frustrated at his interruption.

"When I was in 9th grade, I was still friends with his best friend, and during that time the people in my class were starting to seriously date. His best friend had found a girlfriend and I think he didn't want to miss out so he-"