Chapter 4 - Surprises

Ding. The noise signalled there was a new notification that popped up on the screen of my phone. I groaned at the sound because I was already comfortably sprawled out on my couch after finishing a helping of microwaved curry and rice.

I reluctantly got up to pick up my phone to see who could have possibly texted me.

Handsome Oppa:

Hey

"Mwoya?" I blurted out, "Who is this?" I said while simultaneously typing the same thing down.

Handsome Oppa:

-_-

The only handsome Oppa you were with 2 hours ago.

Taehyung-Oppa. I laughed at the name he chose to put his contact under. Being a little playful I texted him back a cheeky response.

Me:

Which one? There were many.

Handsome Oppa:

.....

I knew you were a player...

Me:

Kidding~~

But the contact name you put yourself under is just too funny

Kekeke

Handsome Oppa:

Funny?

Yah! >:(

It's the truth!

Me:

Alright, alright.

Why'd you text me?

Handsome Oppa:

I had something to tell you but it can wait another time.

Me:

Okay, then.

Handsome Oppa:

Yeah.

Me:

Well...

Goodnight.

Handsome Oppa:

Goodnight.

I read over the texts we exchanged and smiled at the short conversation. It's weird that we have gotten so close over such a short period of time, but I was more worried about this than the fact that I had moved up from fan status to acquaintance status. I wondered what he wanted to tell me, but I didn't want to be the kid who was too impatient to wait a couple of days.

Before heading to bed, I thought it would be a good idea to release some of my thoughts onto paper and record my emotions.

September 22nd, 2021